Yan Vellia (born 28 November 1981) is a well-known Indonesian pop singer, songwriter, and musician hailing from Semarang. In addition to her successful music career, she is also recognized as the spouse of the late Didi Kempot, a beloved Indonesian singer.
Didi Kempot, a renowned Indonesian singer and songwriter, was particularly famous for his campursari style music. He was widely recognized as one of the most celebrated singers in the country. Despite his massive success, Didi’s journey to the top was marked by numerous struggles. He started his musical career as a street busker, showcasing his talents to passersby in the hopes of making it big one day.
Following his two years as a street busker, Didi Kempot began his professional career in music. He then proceeded to release a string of back-to-back hit songs, quickly becoming a household name in Indonesia. In addition to his studio work, Didi also performed in numerous live concerts, entertaining his fans with his captivating stage presence and musical prowess.
Kempot’s exceptional singing talent earned him numerous awards and accolades throughout his career. Similarly, Yan Vellia is also a highly accomplished professional singer and songwriter. She is particularly well-known for her outstanding playback songs, including Layang Tresno, Duda Kalimantan, Half a Heart, and Kewer Kewer, among others.
Yan Vellia has also performed extensively on live stages alongside her husband. Tragically, on May 5th, 2020, her husband and musical partner, Didi Kempot, passed away due to a sudden cardiac arrest. As for Yan Vellia’s own biography, she is a highly accomplished singer and songwriter in her own right, with a successful career in the Indonesian music industry.
Popular country singer Didi Kempot passed away at the age of 53
On Tuesday, May 5th, 2020, the music industry in the country suffered a great loss with the passing of Didi Kempot, a renowned Campursari singer known as “The Godfather of Brokenheart”. He had been receiving treatment for a heart disease at Kasih Ibu Hospital in Surakarta prior to his passing.
The unexpected passing of Didi Kempot has caused immense grief for his loved ones and friends, who affectionately referred to him as “Ambyar”. Among them is his wife Yan Vellia, who had been a constant presence by his side as he climbed to the pinnacle of his music career in recent years.
Early Life, Parents & Bio
The beautiful vocalist was born on a Saturday, November 28, 1981, in Semarang, Indonesia, to her parents. She identifies as a Muslim and comes from an Islamic background. As of 2019, Yan Vellia is 38 years old, based on her date of birth.
Since her early years, she has had a passion for music. Her father, whose name is unknown, was the conductor of the orchestra in Semarang. Yan’s mother is named “Yuni Soeparno.” She grew up in Semarang with her siblings during her childhood.
Vellia began her primary education by enrolling in a local private school in her hometown. Following the completion of her primary education, she went on to graduate from Indonesia University.
Due to a strong passion for music since childhood, Didi Kempot’s spouse began practicing music at a very young age. Following her completion of higher education, she began singing professionally.
Wedding, Spouse Didi Kempot & Children
Yan Vellia had been in a long-term relationship with her partner, whom she had first met at a live stage concert. Eventually, they tied the knot and Yan Vellia became the wife of Didi Kempot at the age of 38.
Being in the same profession, Yan Vellia and Didi Kempot spent a lot of time together, and they even collaborated on several duet songs. Some sources suggest that Yan Vellia is Didi Kempot’s second wife, as he was married previously.
Vellia and her partner had performed together in numerous shows. They were blessed with two children (names not available) and led a happy married life in Surakarta, located in Central Java, Indonesia. However, on the 5th of May, 2020, her partner passed away due to a sudden cardiac arrest.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Yan Vellia Soeparno.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, and Musician.|
|Famously Known as||The wife of Didi Kempot.|
|Birthday (DOB)||November 28, 1981.|
|Age (as of 2019)||38 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Semarang, Indonesia.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
Mother: Yuni Soeparno.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 8″.
Centimeters: 172 cm.
Meters: 1.72 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165.34 lbs.
|Husband Name||Didi Kempot.|
|Kids||2 (name not known).|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Local Private School.|
|Alma Mater||Indonesia University.|
|Social Media Details||Instagram: @yanvellia_dkmanagement (54.1K + followers).
Twitter: @VelliaYan (76 + followers).
Youtube: Yan Vellia official (11.7K + followers).
|Net worth (approx.)||$2-3 million USD (as in 2020).|
|Last Updated||06 May 2020 (© StarKanika)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yan Vellia
- Didi Kempot’s wife was born under the sun sign of Sagittarius as Yan Vellia Soeparno.
- After her graduation, she started practicing music.
- After some time, she launched her music albums and songs officially.
- He released so many famous songs like Layang Tresno, Kewer Kewer, Duda Kalimantan, and others.
- In the year 1989, she performed her solo orchestra.
- She is also a member of the Dangdut Orchestra Group.
- Yan Vellia mostly makes remakes of old Indonesian songs.
- Vellia is 15 years younger than her hubby.
- Before married to Yan, Didi Kempot previously married to his first wife named “Saputri”.
- Kempot has also a son from his previous relationship named “Ola Kempot”.
- Didi’s ex-wife Saputri has also presented at his funeral along with her son Ola.
- Yan made a net worth of $2-3 million USD (as in 2020) from her music career.
- Didi Kempot raised the fund of total Rp7.6 billion through a Livestream for the purpose of the fight against COVID-19 in April 2020.
- The height of Yan Vellia is 5 feet 8 inches (in meters 1.72 m).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 75 kilograms (in pounds 165.34 lbs).
- She also made a Youtube channel titled “Yan Vellia official” which has more than 11.7K subscribers.
- Vellia uploads her latest music videos and concerts on her official Youtube channel.
- Yan Vellia works under DK Management.