Sutapa Sikdar, born on September 18, 1967, is a renowned Indian screenwriter, producer, and dialogue writer hailing from New Delhi, India. While Sutapa is a prominent figure in Hindi cinema, she gained widespread recognition in the country as the wife of the esteemed Bollywood actor, Irrfan Khan.
Irrfan, hailed as the epitome of acting excellence in Bollywood, predominantly graced the Hindi film industry with his remarkable talent. However, his illustrious career also extended beyond borders, as he ventured into various foreign film projects. Meanwhile, Sikdar, a skilled storyteller and dialogue writer, contributes his creative prowess to Hindi cinema.
Sutapa stepped into the writing field in the ’90s and has since become known for penning scripts for numerous popular shows and movies. In 1993, she embarked on her career as a screenplay writer, contributing to her first Hindi television series titled “Banegi Apni Baat.”
After this show, she embarked on her professional career. Subsequently, she delved into the realm of scriptwriting and dialogue composition, making significant contributions to numerous popular movies and shows. Some notable examples of her work include “Khamoshi: The Musical,” “Supari,” “Qarib Qarib Singlle,” and many more. Her talents in rewriting scripts and crafting engaging dialogues have garnered widespread acclaim and established her as a prominent figure in the entertainment industry.
In addition to being a talented dialogue writer, she is also an exceptional theatre artist. Throughout her career, she has graced numerous stages alongside her husband. Tragically, on April 29, 2020, her beloved spouse passed away at the age of 53 after battling cancer for an extended period. Now, let’s delve into her biography.
Sutapa Sikdar uploaded a post on social media after her hubby’s death
Sutapa Sikdar’s heartfelt words on the passing of Irrfan Khan convey a profound sense of inner strength: “Rather than experiencing loss, I have found new dimensions of growth and resilience.” This poignant statement by Sutapa Sikdar is evoking a multitude of reactions from users, who are deeply moved by her display of self-empowerment.
In a previous instance, Sutapa Sikdar penned a heartfelt message, describing Irrfan Khan as a true fighter. She conveyed, “The person closest to my heart, my companion, exhibits the spirit of a warrior. He confronts every challenge with elegance and magnificence.”
In 2018, Irrfan Khan received the news of being diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor. He sought treatment for this condition in London and after approximately a year of medical care, he eventually returned to India.
Following a prolonged absence from Bollywood due to his treatment, actor Irrfan Khan made a triumphant return to the industry after making a full recovery in London. He even completed filming for “English Medium.” Sadly, the day before, Irrfan Khan was laid to rest in the Versova graveyard. Due to the prevailing lockdown restrictions, only a limited gathering of 20 individuals could attend his final farewell.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Bio
Sutapa Sikdar, a gifted woman, was born on Monday, September 18, 1967, in Delhi, India. She hails from an Assamese caste and follows the Hinduism religion. As of 2019, Sutapa Sikdar is 52 years old.
Her father, Devendra Sikdar, and her mother, a homemaker, raised her along with her siblings in Delhi. From childhood, she had a keen interest in writing. For her primary education, Sikdar attended Kendriya Vidyalaya in Andrews Ganj, New Delhi.
She registered herself at the “National School of Drama” to delve deeper into writing and theater. During her time at the Drama school, she actively participated in numerous theatrical productions, refining her skills both as an actress and a writer. Eventually, she decided to pursue writing as her chosen profession.
Marriage with Spouse Irrfan Khan & Children
The 52-year-old woman had been in a long-term relationship with her husband. They first met at the National School of Drama in Delhi, where they were both part of the same batch. Subsequently, they began dating each other.
After a period of being in a relationship, the couple made the decision to tie the knot. Their marriage was a result of love, as Irrfan belonged to the Muslim religion while Sutapa was a Hindu. On February 23, 1995, Sutapa Sikdar and her husband, Irrfan Khan, exchanged vows and got married.
The couple opted for a straightforward court marriage and subsequently relocated to Mumbai to pursue their respective careers. As time passed after their marriage, the couple joyfully welcomed two sons into their lives, affectionately named “Babil Khan” and “Ayan Khan.”
In the National School of Drama (NSD), Sikdar and Irrfan, who were lovers, performed in numerous theater plays together. Irrfan stood by his wife and supported her in every aspect of her career until his passing. Unfortunately, on April 29, 2020, after a prolonged battle with cancer, he departed from this world. Khan’s untimely demise sent shockwaves through her family and the entire Bollywood industry.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Sutapa Sikdar.|
|Profession||Indian Film Producer, Screenwriter, and Dialogue Writer|
|Famously Known as||The wife of Irrfan Khan.|
|Birthday (DOB)||18 September, 1967.|
|Age (as of 2019)||52 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Delhi, India.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Devendra Sikdar.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 5″.
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154.32 lbs.
|Husband Name||Irrfan Khan (1995-2020).
|Son||1. Babil Khan.
2. Ayan Khan.
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Andrews Ganj, New Delhi.|
|Alma Mater||National School of Drama.|
|Social Media Details||Instagram: @_sutapa_sikdar_ (109 + followers).
|Career & Wealth|
|Filmography||1. Banegi Apni Baat (1993).
2. Khamoshi: The Musical (1996).
3. Supari (2003).
4. Shabd (2005).
5. Kahaani (2012).
6. Madaari (2016).
7. Qarib Qarib Singlle (2017).
|Debut (as a dialogue writer)||Banegi Apni Baat (1993).
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 30-40 Crore (as in 2020).|
Some Hidden Facts About Sutapa Sikdar
- She becomes the finest theatre artist after playing many plays at the National School of Drama.
- But later, she started giving more focus on writing, because she wanted to make a bright future in this field since childhood.
- In the year 1993, she got an opportunity to write the script of Hindi entertainment television serial named “Banegi Apni Baat”.
- People loved this show very much.
- After that, she started practicing, later in the year 1996, she wrote the dialogues for her first Hindi film named “Khamoshi: The Musical”.
- After some time, she wrote many other TV shows and movies like Supari, Qarib Qarib Singlle, Kahaani, Shabd, etc.
- Sutapa also wrote an episode titled “Alvida” for the famous star plus show named “Star Bestsellers”.
- This episode was directed by her hubby Irrfan Khan.
- After some time, in the year 2016, she stepped into the field of production on the behest of Irrfan Khan.
- Sutapa Sikdar produced her first film named “Madari” in 2016.
- In present, she is a popular screenwriter and dialogues writer in Bollywood.
- Sikdar earned the net worth of INR 30-40 Crore (as in 2020) from her writing career.
- She has awarded with many awards for her talent and skills.
- Sutapa Sikdar’s height is 5 feet 5 inches (in meters 1.65 m).
- According to an estimate, her body weight is around 70 kilograms (in pounds 154.32 lbs).
- Because of her work, she uses social media very rarely.
- Sutapa has also featured in many award functions.
- Her real birth name is Sutapa Devendra Sikdar.
- Christian Huff Height, Age, Weight, Wife, Biography, Family & Wiki
- Radha Kapoor Wiki (Rana Kapoor’s Daughter) Age, Height Biography & Family
- Danish Zehen Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Biography, Family & Facts
- Navika Kotia (Child Actress) Age, Family, Biography & More
- Kalpana Kumari (NEET Topper 2018) Age, Caste, Family, Biography, Facts & More