Biography / Wiki
Steve Howey, a renowned American actor in both film and television, gained widespread recognition through his notable role in the series ‘Shameless.’ Originally hailing from San Antonio, Texas, he was born on July 12, 1977. While attending college, Howey excelled as a basketball player before ultimately deciding to pursue a career in acting.
Steve’s father played a crucial role in motivating Steve to pursue a career in acting. He achieved recognition as a prominent television actor through his memorable portrayals of Van Montgomery in Reba and Ben Piller in CTRL. He actively advocates for the rights of the LGBT community. He and his wife faced a lawsuit filed by their former nanny, who accused them of religious discrimination, verbal mistreatment, and sexual harassment.
Height / Weight / Age
Steve Howey, known for his towering height of 192 cm (6’3″) and weighing 85 kg (187 lbs), will be celebrating his 45th birthday. He possesses captivating hazel eyes and sports dark brown hair. In terms of body measurements, his chest measures 41 inches, waist is 31 inches, and biceps measure 17 inches. Steve proudly displays tattoos on his biceps, arms, and chest.
Approximately, his net worth is estimated to be around $2.5 million.
Education / Family
Steve, the son of renowned film director Bill Howey and Carla Novinger, was fortunate to have a privileged upbringing. His early years were spent sailing the Pacific Coast on a boat, accompanied by his parents. While growing up, he attended Colorado High School and actively participated in basketball. Subsequently, Steve earned a basketball scholarship to Northeastern Junior College, where he pursued his education. Within his family, he has a brother named Bret Howey and a sister named Tammy Howey.
|Real Name||Steven Michael Robert Howey|
|Birth Place||San Antonio, Texas, US|
|Date Of Birth||July 12, 1977|
|Height||In centimeters – 192 cmIn feet inches – 6’3”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 85 kgIn pounds – 187 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|School||Colorado High School|
|College||Northeastern Junior College, Sterling, Colorado|
|Home Town||San Antonio, Texas, US|
|Debut||Film – Class (1998)TV – Pacific Blue (1999)|
|Fathers Name||Bill Howey|
|Mothers Name||Carla Novinger|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1988, he began his acting career in the independent film ‘Class,’ which was chosen to be screened at the Denver International Film Festival. Subsequently, he made guest appearances on various television shows including ‘Get Real,’ ‘ER,’ and ‘The Drew Carey Show.’
In addition, he made an appearance in Reba McEntire’s music video for “Every Other Weekend.” He portrayed Daniel Williams in the romantic black comedy film ‘Bride Wars.’ Furthermore, he had a three-episode stint as Hopper in the television series ‘Sons of Anarchy.’
After securing a lead role in Shameless, his global popularity soared, opening doors to more significant projects. Teaming up with actor Justin Chatwin, he starred in the 2016 romantic comedy ‘Unleashed’, further cementing his career success.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Sarah Shahi, his co-star on the series ‘Reba’, became his spouse as they tied the knot on February 7, 2009, in Hawaii. Their firstborn, William Wolf Howey, arrived in July 2009, followed by twins Knox Blue and Violet Moon in 2015.
|Wife||Sarah Shahi (2009-present)|
|Children||Son – William Wolf Howey, Knox Blue HoweyDaughter – Violet Moon Howey|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Jackie Gleason, Denzel Washington, Rob Reiner, John Ritter, Steve McQueen|
|Favourite Food||Bacon, Cheese, Chicken Wings|
|Favourite Beverage||Beer, Coffee|
|Favorite Sport||Basketball, Baseball|
Some Interesting Facts About Steve Howey
- His father Bill Howey, was an actor and director.
- Most of his childhood was spent on a boathouse with his parents.
- During his college days, he played basketball and received a scholarship at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado.
- Steve pursued acting because of his father’s profession.
- At the Colorado restaurant, “Grady’s American Grill” he worked as a waiter.
- He began his acting career by working in the film class, which was written and directed by his father.
- In series ‘Reba as Van Montgomery’, he got his first lead role in 2001 which became the turning point in his career.
- After appearing in Reba, he got a lead role as Kevin Ball on the most popular American comedy series Shameless.
- He was interviewed at many talks shows about his real and reel life.
- He has a unique tiger tattoo on his arm.
- His ‘Shameless’ family gave him a surprise party on a boat on his 40th
- To support LGBT youth, on Spirit Day he wore purple.
- He appeared on the cover page of ‘Miami Living Magazine’ in November 2017.
- His hobbies are shooting, riding a motorcycle, martial arts, diving, and listening to music.
- Steve’s nanny sued him for insulting her religion and sexually harassing her.
- His ethnicity is Caucasian.