Biography / Wiki
Sofia Vergara, an actress of Colombian-American descent, embarked on her acting journey as a co-host of several Spanish-language television shows on Univisión. She encountered numerous challenges along the way but demonstrated that dedication and persistence ultimately lead to success and the realization of one’s dreams.
Born on July 10, 1972, Sofia Margarita Vergara made her mark in the entertainment industry. Her portrayal of Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the ABC series ‘Modern Family’ propelled her to prominent roles in notable films such as ‘Chasing Papi’, ‘Four Brothers’, ‘Meet the Browns’, ‘Madea Goes to Jail’, ‘Hot Pursuit’, ‘Happy Feet Two’, ‘The Smurfs’, ‘The Three Stooges’, and ‘Machete Kills’. Recognizing her influence, Forbes placed her at the 32nd position on their esteemed list of the world’s most powerful women.
Height / Weight / Age
Sofia Vergara, known for her stunning appearance, has a weight of 65 kg (143 lbs). With her blonde hair, captivating hazel eyes, and well-defined eyebrows, she exudes beauty. Her figure measurements are approximately 38-28-39, accentuating her curves. As she approaches her 50th birthday, Sofia continues to be admired for her voluptuous physique and alluring deep voice, which carries a distinct Colombian accent.
Sofia Vergara has an approximate net worth of around $44 million.
Education / Family
Sofia Vergara hails from Barranquilla, Colombia, where she was born to Margarita Vergara de Vergara, a housewife, and Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo, a cattle farmer. Growing up in a large Roman Catholic family, Sofia enjoyed the company of five siblings and numerous cousins. Her sister, Sandra Vergara, is also involved in the acting industry. For her elementary education, Sofia attended Marymount International School Barranquilla.
|Real Name||Sofia Margarita Vergara|
|Birth Place||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Date Of Birth||July 10, 1972|
|Height||In centimeters – 170 cmIn feet inches – 5’7”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 65 kgIn pounds – 143 lbs|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Television Host|
|School||Marymount International School, Barranquilla, Colombia|
|College||University of Columbia|
|Home Town||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Debut||TV- Acapulco, Cuerpo y alma (1995)Film – Big Trouble (2002)|
|Fathers Name||Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo|
|Mothers Name||Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara|
|Brothers||Julio Vergara (Younger)
Career / Fashion And Style
Sofia was discovered by a photographer while strolling along a beautiful Colombian beach. Impressed by her presence, the photographer approached her and offered her an opportunity to work in the field of modeling. This marked the beginning of Sofia’s promising career as a model. In the years spanning from 1995 to 1998, she achieved a significant milestone by co-hosting the renowned Univisión travel show called “Fuera de Serie.”
In 2008, her notable appearance was in the film ‘Madea Goes to Jail,’ earning her a nomination for an ALMA Award in the category of ‘Best Actress in Film.’ The following year, she achieved a breakthrough with her portrayal of the confident and alluring Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the popular ABC sitcom ‘Modern Family.’ This role quickly gained acclaim, leading to numerous awards and nominations.
In addition to her successful career as a model, she ventured into entrepreneurship by establishing her own clothing line and jewelry collection. Furthermore, she showcased her versatile talents by lending her voice to a character in the animated sci-fi film “Escape from Planet Earth,” released in 2013.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Sofia Vergara tied the knot with her high-school sweetheart, Joe Gonzalez, in 1990. However, the couple separated in 1993. Fast forward to 2015, and Sofia entered into marriage once again, this time with Joe Manganiello, in Palm Beach, Florida. Sofia is the proud mother of a son named Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara from her first marriage.
|Boyfriends||Enrique Iglesias (Spanish Singer)
Chris Paciello (American Criminal)
Craig David (British Musician)
Tom Cruise (American Actor)
Nick Loeb, (American Businessman, Ex-Fiance)
|Husband||Joe Gonzalez (1991-1993)
Joe Manganiello (Actor), (2015-present)
|Children||Sons – Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara|
Here is the list of Sofia Vergara her favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Johnny Depp|
|Favorite Movies||Godfather (1972)|
|Favorite Shoes||Sergio Rossi Suede Pumps|
|Favorite Food||Cakes, Meatball, and Italian cuisine|
Some Interesting Facts About Sofia Vergara
- Sofia has launched her own clothing line at Walmart.
- Both of her first and second husbands have the same first name ‘Joe’.
- In 2015, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7013 Hollywood Boulevard.
- She became a guest host at the Viña del Mar International Song Festival which is one of Latin America’s most important music competitions.
- In 1998, her older brother Rafael Vergara was murdered in a bungled kidnapping attempt.
- From July 2012 to May 2014, she was engaged to Nick Loeb.
- At the age of 20, she gave birth to her first child Manolo Gonzalez Vergara.
- In 2000, she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer but got a full recovery after treatment.
- She was enrolled in a private bilingual Spanish/English school.
- Her son was named Manolo after the character from the movie Scarface.
- After her divorce, she attended Colombian University to study pre-dentistry for three years.
- In 2011, her younger brother was arrested due to his longtime drug addiction.
- Her hobby is reading and eating.
- In 2005, she was ranked 25 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Lancome’s L’absolu Rouge in Exotic Orchid is her favorite lipstick.
- She belongs to Hispanic ethnicity.