Sarah Paulson, an American actress, who is known for her work in the projects Travel Heist and American Horror Story.
She made her debut in a full-time movie “Levitation” in the year 1997. Since then, the actress is portraying many minor and major roles on screen.
Paulson got an honor of Primetime Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award nomination for her marvelous performances. In 2012, Sarah was a part of an American political film – Game change.
She has constantly been in the spotlight for her distinct roles. Sarah has appeared in a number of big-screen and silver screen projects and has received many awards like Critics’ Choice Television Award, Golden Globe Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award, etc.
In 2017, Time magazine positioned her amongst the top 100 most influential people across the globe.
The actress, a 45 years old American star was born on December 17th, 1974 to Catherine Gordon (mom) and Douglas Lyle Paulson (dad). She spent her early years in Tampa, Florida.
When Sarah Paulson was 5 years old, her parents got separated so she shifted to New York with her mommy and sister Liz Paulson.
While Catherine got a job at Sardi’s restaurant in New York City, her dad started working as an executive at Tamp door manufacturing company in Florida. She used to visit her Douglas’s place during summers but she was brought up by her mom on her own.
The American heroine did her schooling from Fiorello H. Laguardia school in Manhattan, New York City. After she passed out from high school she went ahead for a career in the glamour world.
She took admission to the American Academy Of Arts, Manhattan New York City. Her journey in the acting world started with plays. This helped Paulson a lot in brushing up her skills and provided a platform for her dreams to come true.
- Full name: Sarah Catherine Paulson.
- Nickname: Sarah.
- Date of birth: 17th December 1974.
- Birthplace: Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Age: 45 years as of 2019.
- Gender: Female.
- Sexuality: Bisexual.
- Horoscope: Sagittarius.
- Nationality: American.
- Ethnicity: White.
- Father: Douglas Lyle Paulson ll.
- Mother: Catherine Gordon.
- Brother: None.
- Sister: Liz Paulson.
- School: Fiorello H. Laguardia school, Manhattan New York City.
- College/University: American Academy Of Arts, Manhattan New York City
Social Media Handles
Dating History & Partner
This 45 years old star is in a relationship with her girlfriend Holland Taylor who is also an American actress and playwright
She is well known for her roles in a popular TV series “One And A Half Men” and “The Practice”. This connection has always been in speculations because of their age difference of 32 years. Yet they both have managed to be together since 2015.
Talking about Sarah Paulson’s former love life, she was previously engaged to her ex-beau Trecy Letts (actor and dramatist). In addition, he is popularly recognized for his award-winning play in August. After exchanging the rings, their marriage was called off due to some issues which were not disclosed.
In 2004, she dated an American starlet Cherry Jones, a five timezone Award nominee. They had an age barrier of 18 years. Their romantic bond lasted for 6 years. In 2009, they parted their ways.
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Past affairs: Tracy Letts (Ex fiancé) and Cherry Jones (Ex-girlfriend)
- Girlfriend: Holland Taylor.
- Children: None.
- Eating Habits: Non-vegetarian.
- Smoke: Yes.
- Actress: Jessica Lange.
- Actor: Robert Downey, Jr.
- Brands: Gucci, Calvin Klein, and Prada.
- Hobbies: Reading books and traveling.
Body Statistics & More
This popular starlet is 5 feet 6 inches tall which is 168 in centimeters and 1.68 in meters. She has shoulder-length hair which is silky and smooth in texture. Her eyes are light brown in color which gives her a perfect American beauty look.
Sarah Paulson possesses an ideal hourglass figure, characterized by a balanced physique that is neither excessively slender nor overly curvaceous. Her body measurements stand at 34-24-34, emphasizing her hourglass shape. Additionally, Sarah boasts a long, inverted egg-shaped face with a fair complexion, further enhancing her allure. Her impeccably toned skin contributes to her overall charm.
Despite her strong commitment to maintaining a healthy diet, she indulges in cake wholeheartedly. In the mornings, the actress takes immense pleasure in savoring donuts, fresh juice, and other nutritious options. For lunch, she delights in spinach-ricotta pie and Greek salad. Her dinners are consistently light, typically consisting of either a salad or a soup.
- In Feets & Inches: 5’6″.
- Centimeters: 168 cm.
- Meters: 1.68 m.
- In Kilograms: 55 kgs.
- In Pounds: 121 lb.
- Eye color: light brown.
- Hair color: Blonde (dyed).
- Skin Colour: Fair.
- Body type: Hourglass.
- Tattoo: Yes.
- Figure measurements: 34-24-34.
Films & Shows
In 1997, a prominent American actress embarked on her debut full-length film titled “Levitation,” under the directorship and production of Scott D. Goldstein. Joining her in the cast were esteemed actors Ernie Hudson and Benjamin Helfin. The storyline of the movie centered around a teenager named Sarah, whose quest revolved around finding her biological mother.
Earlier, in 1994, she made a presentation on the small screen through an episode of the legal drama series Law & Order aired on NBC, directed by Edwin Sherin.
She secured the role of a ghost guide in the American horror TV series “American Gothic” (1995), which was created by Shaun Cassidy. Although the show was canceled after its first season, her exceptional performance opened up numerous opportunities for her in the industry.
Her life took a significant turn in 2012 when she landed a role in the American political film GameChange. Directed by Jay Roach and written by Danny Strong, the movie was adapted from the book Game Change (2008) by political journalists John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.
The plot revolved around the intense United States Presidential Election Campaign and the myriad challenges that accompanied it. Julianne Moore, Ed Harris, and Woody Harrelson assumed prominent roles, driving the narrative forward.
This large-scale production garnered numerous accolades for its flawless execution. Paulson’s exceptional performance in the film earned her a nomination for both the Primetime Emmy Award and the Golden Globe Award.
She has been featured as a lead actress in the American anthology horror television series ‘American Horror Story,’ created by Rhyan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, for nine seasons. In 2016, the talented artist was selected for a role in an American crime story series, which catapulted her to widespread acclaim.
In the 2018 American heist comedy film Ocean’s 8, she starred alongside Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina, and Rihanna. Directed by Gary Ross, the movie proved to be a tremendous success, grossing $300 million worldwide on a production budget of $70 million.
- Income Source: Films, TV Shows, Brand collaborations, Modelling projects, etc.
- Profession: Actress and Model.
- Debut Movie: Levitation (1997 as Acey Rawling).
- Small Screen Debut: Law & Order (1994) as Maggie Conner.
- Famous Work:
- 1. The American Horror Story: Asylum.
- 2.The American Horror Story: Freak Show.
- 3. Mud.
- Various Projects: 1. Ocean’s 8 (2018).
- 2. GameChange (2012).
- 3. American Gothic (1995).
- 4.Grey’s Anatomy (2010).
- 5.Rhe Spirit (2008).
- 6. Puppy Love (2008).
- 7.Diggers (2006).
- 8.Serenity (2005), etc.
- Net Worth: US$ 15 million.
Other Random Information about Sarah Paulson
- Sarah Paulson stepped into the acting world right after the completion of her secondary education, at the age of 20 years.
- She began her career by performing in playmaking pictures at Signature Theatres Company.
- This play was aired on September 23rd and concluded on October 23, 1994.
- Sarah loves to read books. Some of her favorites are Chelsea Handler’s – Life will be the death of me…and you too! The liar’s club by Mary Karr
- Moreover, she loves to stay classy and stylish. Her most picked brands are Gucci and Prada whereas her favorite stylist is Karla Welch.
- Sarah Paulson likes to keep up with the trends and has inked 6 tattoos on different parts of the body like the nape of her neck, right forearm right foot, and left ankle.
- The actress loves traveling, reading books, and enjoys having delicious food.
- She has a pet dog named Winnie.
- Her sister Liz is also an actress and casting director.
- She recently playing the role of a nurse in an American physiological thriller drama web television series – Ratched.
- Its first episode was released on 18th September 2020 and has already become the top 10 series in the US.
- In recent years, Paulson marked her presence in various Netflix series and other on-screen projects which provided her with many awards like – TCA Award for individual achievement in drama,
- Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guide Awards for various miniseries and television films, Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama/Miniseries, and the list goes on.
- Along with this, in 2017, she was put under the list of 100 most influential people in the world, by time magazine which is the top weekly magazine of America.