R. Jai Gillum, born in 1978, is a notable American figure who serves as an Executive Director and is involved in politics. She hails from Tallahassee, Florida, and is most recognized as the partner of Andrew Gillum, who held the position of the 26th mayor of Tallahassee, Florida.
He held the position of mayor from 2014 to 2018 and subsequently ran as the Democratic Party’s nominee for Governor of Florida in the 2018 election.
At that time, the former mayor bested five other candidates, including Philip Levine and Gwen Graham. Previously, he was appointed as a Tallahassee City Commissioner in 2003.
Gillum assumed this role at the age of 23 and held it until 2014. On March 13, 2020, it became known that he was one of three individuals experiencing a drug overdose.
Andrew and two unidentified individuals were found in a hotel room in Miami Beach, Florida, with plastic baggies containing suspected crystal meth. This information was initially reported by the Tallahassee Democrat.
During the incident, he was incapacitated and unable to communicate with law enforcement, but no arrests were made at that time. Andrew subsequently withdrew from politics to seek treatment at a rehabilitation center.
Young people, our country is in your hands.
You can be the largest voting block, if you choose. Not tomorrow, not next cycle — today.
— Andrew Gillum (@AndrewGillum) March 12, 2020
Married Life, Spouse & Personal Affairs
R. Jai Gillum and her husband, Andrew Gillum, exchanged vows in an intimate ceremony held on May 24, 2009. They initially crossed paths at Florida A&M University, where both were actively engaged in student government.
However, they didn’t enter into a relationship right away. It’s worth noting that their initial interaction occurred when the former mayor reprimanded her for wearing a short skirt during a student government event. Nevertheless, she became upset with him following this incident.
In 2003, the couple crossed paths once more, and during this encounter, Andrew shared his home phone number with her. However, she chose to disregard it. At that moment, R. Jai believed he wasn’t genuinely interested, as he hadn’t provided his cell phone number.
Their initial encounter occurred at Bennigans, and according to the source, Gillum made a heartfelt proposal by inviting her to become his lifelong partner, opting for this term over “wife.” They are blessed with three children, twins named Jackson Gillum and Caroline Gillum, as well as a son named Davis Allen Gillum.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||R. Jai Howard.|
|Stage Name||R. Jai.|
|Profession||Executive Director and Activist.|
|Famously Known as||being the wife of Andrew Gillum (26th mayor of Tallahassee, Florida).|
|In the news for||her husband caught with crystal meth along with two other men in a hotel room in Miami Beach on March 13, 2020.|
|Aftermath||Quit Politics and Admits in the Rehab Center.|
|Age (as of 2019)||41 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Florida, United States.|
|Current Residence||Tallahassee, Florida, United States.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Children||1. Twins: Jackson Gillum & Caroline Gillum.
2. Son: Davis Allen Gillum.
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Source of Income||Politics, Working with various Organization, and Event Appearances.|
|School||Local High School.|
|College||Florida A&M University.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||40-30-42.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″.
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 135 lbs.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
|Brands||Chanel, Gucci, Nars, Louis Vuitton, Tarte, etc.|
|Best Cuisine||Mexican Cuisine.|
Some Hidden Facts about R. Jai Gillum
- Born in 1978, Andrew Gillum’s wife is one year older than her spouse and took birth in Florida, USA. R. Jai Gillum ages 41 years old, as of 2019. But there are no details about her birthday on the internet.
- Her real full birth name is R. Jai Howard.
- After completing her high school education, she enrolled in one of the best colleges in Florida.
- R. Jai Howard graduated from Florida A&M University and received a bachelors’ degree.
- As an executive director, she worked for the United Way of the Big Bend’s The BEST Project.
- Currently, she is running a Foundation for the Florida Dental Association.
- In fact, the politician’s spouse also actively participates in various initiatives for mental and dental health.
- Furthermore, she also supported her husband in his campaign for governor and became more outspoken.
- Gillum also hosted an event called “Women for Andrew Gillum”.
- In a video called “Meet Florida’s Next First Lady, R. Jai Gillum”, Andrew described her as an epitome of grace.
- According to official reports, she faced various problems in order to conceive a baby. Fortunately, on May 19, 2014, R. Jai finally gave birth to the twins.
- Later, in 2017, the couple announced the birth of their boy Davis Allen Gillum.