Biography / Wiki
Born into a family of Physicians, this “Desi Girl” has established her reign in both Bollywood and Hollywood. Hailing from Jamshedpur, India, she was born on July 18, 1982. With her diverse interests and exceptional accomplishments, she has earned recognition as one of the most influential women worldwide. In 2018, she embarked on a journey of love, tying the knot with Nick Jonas in Udaipur, where they celebrated their union through both Christian and Hindu traditions.
Height / Weight / Age
Priyanka stands at a height of 169 cm or approximately 5’6.5″ in feet and inches. Her weight is around 55 kg in kilograms or 121 lbs in pounds. The measurements of her body are 35-28-35 cm. She recently celebrated her 40th birthday.
She possesses dark brown eyes and black hair, complemented by a flawless smile and long, wavy hair. Her husband, Nick Jonas, happens to be 10 years her junior.
Education / Family
Priyanka Chopra’s parents both served in the Indian Army as Physicians. Alongside her is her younger brother, Siddharth Chopra. From the very beginning, her family wholeheartedly supported and encouraged her decision to pursue acting as a career. Throughout her journey, Priyanka’s family has consistently been her pillar of strength and a source of unwavering encouragement.
Having shared a deep bond with her late father, Ashok Chopra, who sadly passed away from cancer in 2013, she decided to honor his memory by getting a tattoo that reads “Daddy’s lil girl.” Presently, she is happily married to the talented American singer and actor, Nick Jonas. Their wedding ceremony was held at the magnificent Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur.
Due to her parents’ frequent transfers, Priyanka had to attend various schools and live in different cities throughout her schooling. Besides acting, she had a keen interest in criminal psychology.
|Nickname||Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|Date Of Birth||July 18, 1982|
|Height||In centimeters – 169 cmIn feet inches – 5’6.5”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 55kgIn pounds – 121 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Actress, model, singer|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, LucknowSt. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Debut||In 2002 Tamil film – ThamizhanIn 2003 Bollywood film – The Hero: Love Story of a Spy|
|Fathers Name||Dr. Ashok Chopra (physician)|
|Mothers Name||Dr. Madhu Chopra (physician)|
|Brothers||Younger brother Siddharth Chopra|
Career / Fashion and Style
Despite being born into a family of doctors, Priyanka faced no obstacles in pursuing her acting career. Prior to entering the film industry, she achieved great success by winning numerous beauty contests, including the prestigious Miss World title. Her captivating smile and impeccable appearance caught the attention of filmmakers, resulting in her receiving numerous offers for movies.
She has appeared in over 50 films throughout her career, garnering numerous awards for her exceptional performances. In addition to her acting pursuits, she co-manages a production company called “Purple Pebble Pictures” with her mother.
Following her successful career in Bollywood, she ventured into Hollywood by securing a role in the American TV show “Quantico” in 2015. More recently, she also appeared in the Hollywood film “Baywatch.”
Priyanka was also interested in the music industry. Her first single “In my city” was released in 2013, followed by the song “Exotic” where she worked with International singer Pitbull. Piggy Chops has always been a style icon for the glamorous world. Here is the official video of Exotic ft. Pitbull-
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Aseem Merchant (Model)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumor)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Nick Jonas (Singer, Songwriter)
|Marital Status||Married in 2018|
|Husband||Married Nick Jonas in 2018|
Here we are providing you the list of her favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Kishore Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Dharmendra, Tom Hardy, Mel Gibson, and Matthew McConaughey|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Prabal Gurung|
|Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favorite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favorite Destinations||Paris, Brazil, and Mexico|
|Favorite Food||Fish curry, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Red Velvet Cake, Sarson ka Saag, Bourbon biscuits, French Fries, Burger, Risotto|
|Favorite Books||Romeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareTell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon
Letters from a father his daughter by
Some Interesting Facts About Priyanka Chopra
- She does smoke and drink.
- She was born in the family of physicians; her father and mother both were physicians in the Indian Army.
- She was relocated to different places such as Lucknow, Delhi, Ladakh, Pune, Chandigarh, Ambala, and Mumbai, due to frequent transfers of her parents.
- She won the local beauty contest “May Queen”, after finishing high school.
- She won the “Miss World” contest in 2000, at the age of 18.
- If not actress, she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, but she dropped the idea after winning the contest and since then she started getting many films offers.
- Before doing a debut in Bollywood, she made her debut in a Tamil film “Thamizhan”.
- She has an estimated net worth of $32 million (approximately)
- Her hobbies are as follows – singing, writing poems, reading, and photography.
- Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class, and BMW 7 Series are some of the cards included in her car collection.
- Salary (approximately)
- 9-10 crore per film
- $4 million per year for the TV show
- Her cousin sisters Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa are also working in the Bollywood industry.
- In 2008, she won the title of “Best Actress” for her film “Fashion”
- Famous Hollywood actor Gerard Butler is her close friend.
- To enhance her nose and lips, she went for a series of plastic surgeries.
- From Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park she has adopted a tigress and a lioness.
- She is fond of collecting cameras.
- In 2012, her first single “In my city” was released.
- She was honored with the “Padma Shri” by the Government of India in 2016.
- She is also working with UNICEF for promoting social causes such as environment, gender equality, health, and education.
- The production company “Purple Pebble Pictures” is founded by Priyanka Chopra.