Max von Sydow, born on April 10, 1929, and passing away on March 8, 2020, was a renowned actor and director originally from Lund, Sweden. His most notable role was portraying the Three-eyed Raven in the HBO series “Game of Thrones.”
He received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his outstanding performance. Additionally, Game of Thrones is a fantasy drama television series created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss.
Max von Sydow, a highly acclaimed artist with a prolific career spanning nearly 200 films and television shows, sadly passed away at the age of 90 on March 08, 2020, in his residence in Paris, France.
Career, Filmography & Net worth
Max achieved his initial taste of success and recognition by portraying Antonius Block, the 14th-century knight, in the 1957 film “The Seventh Seal,” a Swedish historical drama directed and written by Ingmar Bergman.
Sydow collaborated with the same director on a total of 11 films, such as “The Virgin Spring” (1960) and “Through a Glass Darkly” (1961), both of which secured Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
This actor enjoyed a prolific career spanning seven decades in both American and European cinema. Furthermore, he engaged in diverse projects, including theatrical performances in multiple languages. His performance in Bille August’s film “Pelle the Conqueror” garnered significant acclaim from audiences.
Max von Sydow was involved in several notable projects, including “The Greatest Story Ever Told,” “Dune,” “Hannah and Her Sisters,” “The Exorcist,” “Three Days of the Condor,” “Minority Report,” “Shutter Island,” and numerous others. Regarding his financial status, Max von Sydow was estimated to have a net worth of $12 million USD as of the year 2020.
Marriage, Spouse & Children
The veteran actor, who is now 90 years old, initially exchanged vows with his former spouse, “Christina Inga Britta Olin,” back in 1951. Hailing from Värnamo, Sweden, their matrimonial celebration was a grand event graced by the attendance of close friends and family.
Christina Inga, formerly an actress renowned for her role in the movie “The Couch,” collaborated with Max in the film “Hawaii.” The couple is also parents to two children: “Clas S. von Sydow,” an actor, and “Henrik von Sydow,” a director.
In addition, Henrik Sydow was born on February 6, 1958 and appeared in films such as “The Women on the Roof,” “Vox Lipoma,” and “Gunnel Lindblom – Ut ur tystnaden.” Britta Olin and Max von Sydow divorced in 1979.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Max von Sydow.|
|Profession||Actor and Director.|
|Famously Known as||his work in movies like The Seventh Seal, The Virgin Spring, Through a Glass Darkly, etc.|
|Birthday (DOB)||April 10, 1929.|
|Date of Death||March 08, 2020.|
|Age (as of 2019)||90 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Lund, Sweden.|
|Current Residence||Paris, France.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Marital Status||Married twice.|
|Past Affair(s)||Christina Inga Britta Olin (ex-wife).|
|Girlfriend||Name not available.|
|Children||Sons named Clas S. von Sydow and Henrik von Sydow.|
|Parents||Father: Carl Wilhelm von Sydow.
Mother: Baroness Maria Margareta von Rappe.
|Siblings||Sister: Not known.
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Lund Cathedral School.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 6′ 3″.
Centimeters: 193 cm.
Meters: 1.93 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 80 Kg.
Pounds: 176 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-40.|
|Shoe Size (US)||12.|
|Best Cuisine||French Food.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Gene Hackman.
Actress: Glenn Close.
|Net worth (approx.)||$12 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Source of Income||Brand Endorsements, TV shows & films, Sponsorship, and much more.|
Some Hidden Facts about Max von Sydow
- The actor was born to his father and mother in 1929 in Lund, Sweden (age 90 years old, as of 2019). Max von Sydow used to celebrate his birthday on the 10th of April and his zodiac sign is Aries.
- His real full birth name is Carl Adolf von Sydow.
- His father “Carl Wilhelm von Sydow” worked as a professor of folkloristics at the University of Lund.
- Max’s mother “Baroness Maria Margareta von Rappe” remained a schoolteacher for several years.
- The actor completed his secondary school education and graduated from Lund Cathedral School.
- Sydow also received two Academy Award nominations.
- This honor was given to him for his performances in Pelle the Conqueror and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011).
- Max also married his second wife Catherine Brelet (French Producer and Documentary Filmmaker) in a private ceremony on April 30, 1997.
- Furthermore, he also adopted her kids i.e. sons Cedric and Yvan who were born through Brelet’s first marriage.
- It was Catherine Brelet who first announced the tragic news of Sydow’s demise.
- She wrote that she was writing the post with extreme sadness and pain to announce the passing of Max Von Sydow on March 8, 2020.
- In addition, the cause of his death is not yet revealed on the internet.
- His first spouse “Christina Inga Britta Olin” died in 1998 due to natural causes.
- Max von Sydow stood a tall height of 6 feet 3 inches (193 cm) with a modest build. He weighed around 80 kg (176 lb).