Lakshmi Daggubati, born in 1965, gained prominence as a renowned businesswoman hailing from South India. She is notably recognized for her past marriage to Telugu cinema icon, Akkineni Nagarjuna. Their marital journey lasted for six years before culminating in a divorce. Lakshmi comes from a prosperous family background.
The article focuses on the life of Daggubati, who holds numerous connections within the movie industry. Renowned as an interior designer in Hyderabad, she gained widespread recognition when her son married the talented actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu in 2017.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
The woman has a fascinating familial history. Born in 1965 into a South Indian family in Hyderabad, India, her father, the late D. Ramanaidu, was a prolific Indian film producer, with a portfolio of over 150 movies. Her mother is named Daggubati Rajeswari.
Growing up in a prosperous household, Lakshmi Daggubati experienced a life of opulence. She received her early education in Hyderabad, where she attended a neighborhood high school alongside her siblings.
Upon completing her basic education, she embarked on a journey of higher learning in the field of Interior Design. Opting for a unique path, her father stood as a pillar of support, encouraging her to chase after her aspirations.
Akkineni Nagarjuna’s former partner has two brothers, namely Daggubati Venkatesh and Daggubati Suresh Babu. Venkatesh is a renowned actor and director in the South Indian film industry, while Suresh Babu is carrying on the family legacy as a producer.
Personal Life, Spouse & Son
Lakshmi entered into an arranged marriage with Akkineni Nagarjuna in 1984, a time when he was enjoying the peak of his career.
The wedding occurred at a luxurious hotel in Bangalore. Following two years of marriage, on the 23rd of November 1986, they welcomed a baby boy named Naga Chaitanya.
But there was bitterness in their relationship, due to which they thought it better to separate.
In 1990, Lakshmi and Akkineni got divorced. Following their divorce, Lakshmi later married Sharath Vijayaraghavan, who serves as the Executive Director of Sundaram Motors. In 1992, Akkineni married Amala Akkineni.
Now they both are living their life happily with their life partners. Nagarjuna now also have a son named Akhil Akkineni.
|Real Full Birth Name||Lakshmi Daggubati.|
|Famous as||Akkineni Nagarjuna’s ex-wife.|
|Age (As of 2019)||55 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1965.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||N/A.|
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Height (Tall)||Centimeters: 167.6 cm.
Feet & Inches: 5’6″.
Meters: 1.67 m.
|Parents||Father: D. Ramanaidu.
Mother: Daggubati Rajeswari.
|Siblings||1. Daggubati Venkatesh.
2. Daggubati Suresh Babu.
|Husband||1. Akkineni Nagarjuna.
2. Sharath Vijayaraghavan.
|Social media||Instagram: daggubati_lakshmi_v (private account).|
|Favourite actor||Amitabh Bachchan.|
|School||Local high school.|
|Alma Mater||Madras University.|
|Cars||Mercedes E-Class, Range Rover Vogue, Mercedes GLC and others.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||INR 350 Crore.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Lakshmi Daggubati
- In Hyderabad, Akkineni Nagarjuna’s wife, Lakshmi works as an Interior designer. Lakshmi Daggubati is a big name in designing there.
- We have found that in most of her interior items are handmade and that too made in India.
- Her ex-husband is a famous actor and is famous for his movie like “Captain Nagarjun”, “Collector Gari Abbai”, “Gharana Bullodu”, “Aavida Maa Aavide”, “LOC Kargil” and others.
- Not only her husband her son is also a young superstar in the Telugu movie industry. He is a role model there. You might have seen him in movies like “Ye Maaya Chesave”, “Rarandoi Veduka Chudham”, “Yuddham Sharanam”, “Shailaja Reddy Alludu” and “Venky Mama”.
- His new movie named “Love Story” and “NC20” is set to release but due to COVID-19, the makers can’t finalize the date.
- She also got a very fine actress as her daughter-in-law named Samantha Ruth Prabhu. She has worked in more than 30 movies and her first movie was with her current husband Naga. Lakshmi Daggubati has a fortune on her name.
- Her father is the founder of “Suresh Productions”. We do not have exact figures but as we expect her net worth has to be around INR 350 crore.
- She is the paternal aunt of Rana Daggubati who has worked in movies like “Baahubali-1” and “Baahubali-2”.
- Lakshmi and Samantha have a relationship between them just like mother and daughter. Once they both attended a party wearing exact same clothes.
- She has no kid from her second marriage.
- Her second husband has a son from his first marriage.
- Daggubati is also a philanthropist. She also funds an NGO.
- Lady has an Instagram account but it is a private one.
- Her son owns a Ferrari 488.
- After her divorce from the first husband, the Daggubati and Akkineni family never made a film together again.
- Lakshmi Daggubati is a very simple lady who mostly appears wearing Saree.
- It came out that she and Akkineni Nagarjuna married each other because their fathers were good friends.
- Sources also say that Lakshmi Daggubati was not happy with the closeness that Akkineni and Amala developed because of their frequent work together.
- If you are curious to know about her height & weight then let me tell you that she is 62 kg (136 lbs.) heavy in weight and 5 ft 6 in (1.67 m) tall in height.