Judith Scheff, born on May 5, 1941, was the former spouse of actor Brian Dennehy. They were a couple from 1959 to 1974, but eventually, they divorced and went their separate ways. Judith was a kindergarten teacher and sadly passed away at the age of 75. Her husband, Brian Dennehy, achieved fame in Hollywood, starring in numerous shows and movies.
On April 15, 2020, reports emerged of his passing due to sepsis, which resulted in a cardiac arrest. According to the news, he was at a hospital in New Haven, Connecticut during his final moments.
In this article, we will delve into the life of Judith, the first wife of the late individual, who has left many curious about their relationship. We aim to shed light on her life, as well as other essential facts surrounding her. Let’s explore the intriguing story of Judith and her significance in the life of the departed individual.
It is with heavy hearts we announce that our father, Brian passed away last night from natural causes, not Covid-related. Larger than life, generous to a fault, a proud and devoted father and grandfather, he will be missed by his wife Jennifer, family and many friends. pic.twitter.com/ILyrGpLnc3
— Elizabeth Dennehy 🟧 🟦 (@dennehyeliza) April 16, 2020
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
On May 5th, 1941, Judith Scheff was born in Mineola, Long Island, into a middle-class Christian family. She was the only sister to her brothers, Boyd and Gerard. Her parents were David Scheff and Muriel.
From her early childhood, she possessed a quiet and bookish demeanor, yet she actively engaged in various school activities. In 1960, she successfully completed her education at Mineola High School.
Following this, Brian Dennehy’s ex-spouse successfully completed her graduation from Hofstra University, where we discovered that she had also been a member of the Hofstra cheerleading team. Her dedication to academics led her to pursue a master’s degree from the same university.
Personal life, Spouse Brian Dennehy & children
there was no public information suggesting that Brian Dennehy, the late American actor, had an ex-wife who was widely known or discussed in the media. Brian Dennehy was married to Joan Neary, and they were together until his passing in April 2020.
known each other for a long time, having grown up in the same place and attended the same high school. However, they took different paths after high school, with Brian going to college and the woman getting pregnant at some point during that time.
After learning about the pregnancy, they both made the decision to get married. This suggests that they chose to commit to each other and start a family together despite the unexpected circumstances.
On August 21st, 1959, they tied the knot, and it’s important to note that she was merely 18 years old at the time of their marriage.
Together, they raised three children named Kathleen, Deirdre, and Elizabeth Dennehy. Their 15-year marriage came to an end with their divorce in 1974.
In 1994, on the 26th of August, Judith Scheff married Gregory W. Carman, a distinguished judge associated with the United States International Court. Together, they had four children: Gregory Jr., John, Jim, and Mira.
In 1988, Brian Dennehy tied the knot with Jennifer Arnott, his second wife. Together, they were blessed with two children: a son named Cormack Dennehy and a daughter named Sarah Dennehy.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Judith Scheff
- There is a kindergarten school in Harlem, New York named “P.S. 112M”, here Judith Scheff served as a teacher for nearly 20 years.
- As we came to know she loved to surround herself with kids and teach. Her net worth is measured to be somewhere between $1-1.5 million.
- Her first husband was an artist and has worked in movies like “Looking for Mr. Goodbar”, “Split Image”, “Never Cry Wolf” and many others.
- We can also name some shows like “Kojak”, “Lanigan’s Rabbi”, “The Fitzpatricks”, “M*A*S*H” and a lot of others. Judith’s daughter Elizabeth Dennehy is also an actress and earned a name for herself in Hollywood.
- Now let’s come to her second husband Gregory W. Carman. He was a judge and also a politician who was associated with “Republicans”.
- In the year 1983, Ronald Reagan Appointed Greg as the Judge of US court of International trades and at this position, he served till 2014.
- Judith Scheff died in 2015 on 16th April and mass funeral happened at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, New York, USA.
- There is a school named “The Hagedorn Little Village School” which is for special children, Judith uses to make frequent donations to this school.
- Gregory W. Carman recently died in 2020 on April 5, 1983.
- Brian Dennehy’s wife was a book lover and was also a member of a book club.
- The lady had a lot of money but she always remained humble and sober in her life.
- Judith Scheff was 5 ft 4 in tall height lady who had golden and short hairs.
- In an interview, Elizabeth Dennehy expressed that it was her mother’s dream to see her working as an actress.