Biography / Wiki
Joseph Jackson, the father of renowned global pop icon Michael Jackson, was born on July 26, 1928, in Fountain Hill, Arkansas, USA. As the eldest among five siblings, he married Katherine Scruse in 1949, and together they had ten children. Tragically, Joseph passed away on June 27, 2018, at Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, after battling pancreatic cancer.
Joseph Jackson was reported to have an approximate net worth of $500,000, as per Celebrity Net Worth.
Height / Weight / Age
Joseph Jackson stood at a height of 175 cm, which is equivalent to 5′ 9″ in feet and inches. He weighed approximately 75 kg or 165 lbs. His hair was blue, and his eyes were black in color. Born on July 26, 1928, he passed away at the age of 89.
Education / Family
Samuel Jackson’s parents were Joseph, a high school teacher, and Crystal Lee King, a housewife. Their relationship ended when Samuel was 12 years old. He attended Washington High School for his schooling and later graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in London.
|Birth Place||Fountain Hill, Arkansas, USA|
|Date Of Birth||July 26, 1928|
|Age||89 Years (At the time of death)|
|Height||in centimeters –175 cm
in feet inches – 5′ 9″ feet
|Weight||in Kilograms – 75 kg
in Pounds – 165 lbs
|School||Washington High School|
|College||London’s Royal Academy of Music|
|Home Town||East Chicago, Indiana, United States|
|Fathers Name||Samuel Jackson|
|Mothers Name||Crystal Lee|
|Sister||Verna Mae Jackson
Lula Mae Jackson
|Brothers||Lawrence JacksonLuther Jackson|
Career / Fashion And Style
Joseph began his professional journey as a boxer and achieved notable success, including winning the Golden Gloves. Jackson, on the other hand, embarked on a career as the manager for The Jackson 5 after recognizing their musical talents. However, due to certain issues, the band eventually terminated their association with Jackson.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends/Affairs||Katherine JacksonCheryl Terrell|
|Wife/Spouse||Katherine Jackson (married in 1949-till his death in 2018)|
|Marriage Date||November 5, 1949|
|Children||Sons– Michael Jackson
La Toya Jackson
Some Interesting Facts About Joseph Jackson
- Joseph Jackson was not addicted to smoking and drinking alcohol.
- His parents got separated when he was just 12. He moved with his father to Oakland, California, while his mother shifted to East Chicago, Indiana.
- After some years, he reshifted to Indiana to live near his mother.
- Joseph had few friends in his teenage which made him an introvert.
- Joseph Jackson was the father of international pop superstar Michael Jackson
- He met his wife, Katherine Scruse in the midst of his journey of becoming a professional boxer.
- The couple married on November 5, 1949, and shifted to Gary Indiana.
- He took a decision to leave boxing as a career and began working as a full-time crane operator for the United States Steel.
- Her wife met with an emergency Caesarian operation to give birth to their twins- Brandon and Marlon Jackson who were several weeks premature, but unfortunately, Brandon died just after he was born.
- He pursued his dream of becoming a boxer when he got his success with Golden Gloves.
- In the mid of 1950s, He began a band named “The Falcons” with his brother, Luther Jackson.
- He used to work as a group manager with his sons in a musical group named “The Jackson 5” in the early 1960s.
- The Jackson family received an honor with “BMI Urban Icon Award.”
- The Jackson 5 got immediate success and became the first American group to be on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart.
- He then moved to a mansion in Encino, California with his family out of Indiana after he received a good amount of money as a group manager.
- On October 2002, He received an award “The Best Entertainment Manager of All Time” by Jane L. Campbell, mayor of Cleveland, Ohio.
- His son, the international pop star, Michael Jackson was found dead in mysterious circumstances on June 25, 2009.
- He did not get even a single penny out of Michael Jackson’s net worth.
- At the 2009 BET Awards, Joseph spoke about his son’s death to Alicia Quarles on the red carpet.
- He got “Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album,” and at the event, he talked about his new cologne and perfume line honoring Michael Jackson.
- He suffered a stroke and heart arrhythmia in July 2015.
- The head of Jackson family fell ill while celebrating his 87th birthday and After flying home from Sao Paulo, he has seen in a wheelchair at LAX airport.
After One year, he was admitted to Los Angeles, but later he published a message through his publicist that all is fine.