Biography / Wiki
J.K. Rowling, the creator of the beloved Harry Potter series, had her life transformed by an unexpected train journey from Manchester to London. Little did she know that this fortuitous delay would lead her to become a renowned and bestselling author. Born on July 31, 1965, Joanne Rowling’s extraordinary journey began on that fateful day.
With over 450 million copies sold, her series has been transformed into a highly successful film franchise. The enchanting world of wizardry she crafted, along with its captivating characters, continues to mesmerize readers. Her remarkable imagination and compelling storytelling have solidified her position as one of the top-selling authors of our time.
Height / Weight / Age
J.K. Rowling, the renowned author, has a weight of 52 kg or 114 lbs. Her height is 165 cm or 5’5″ in feet and inches. She possesses beautiful blonde hair and captivating sparkling blue eyes. As of now, she is about to celebrate her 57th birthday.
J.K. Rowling is believed to possess a net worth of approximately $650 million. She has acquired a Tasmania Mansion and Church Cottage as her properties. In terms of automobiles, her collection consists of a Rolls Royce Phantom and a Range Rover.
Education / Family
J.K. Rowling’s father, Peter James Rowling, pursued a career as a Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engineer, while her mother, Anne Volant Rowling, worked as a Science Technician. She excelled academically during her time at St Michael’s Primary School.
Afterwards, she pursued her studies at the University of Exeter, where she enrolled in the BA program for French and Classics. From a young age, she fostered a deep passion for writing, crafting numerous stories since the tender age of five.
|Real Name||Joanne Rowling|
|Birth Place||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Date Of Birth||July 31, 1965|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cmIn feet inches – 5’5”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 52 kgIn pounds – 114 lbs|
|Profession||British Novelist, Film Producer, Screenwriter|
|School||St Michael’s Primary SchoolWyedean School, Sedbury, England|
|College||University of Exeter|
|Home Town||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Debut||Book – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone|
|Fathers Name||Peter James Rowling (Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engineer)|
|Mothers Name||Anne Volant Rowling (Science Technician)|
Career / Fashion And Style
During her voyage from Manchester to London, she nurtured her imagination and delved into the realm of a magical boy and his extraordinary world. Swiftly, she embarked on the creation of “Philosopher’s Stone,” the inaugural installment of the Harry Potter series. Prior to achieving her triumphant authorship, she embarked on a teaching career and relocated to Portugal.
By 1995, she concluded the manuscript for ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’, which found its publication through Barry Cunningham of Bloomsbury. With subsequent installments in the series, she introduced fresh characters and infused the wizarding narrative with greater excitement and exhilaration. By 1999, three books had been released, amassing a staggering 35 million copies sold.
The Harry Potter series emerged as the most financially successful franchise for filmmakers, leading Warner Bros. to secure a deal for a film adaptation. In recognition of the author’s remarkable contributions to the literary world, she was bestowed with the esteemed Legion d’honneur by the French government and awarded the Order of the British Empire.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1992, she entered into matrimony with Jorge Arantes; however, their union was short-lived, and they subsequently separated. From this marriage, she has a daughter. In 2001, she found love again and tied the knot with Neil Michael Murray, an anesthetist. They have a son named David Gordon Rowling and a daughter named Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray.
|Boyfriends||Jorge Arantes (1992)|
|Husband||Jorge Arantes (1992)Neil Murray (2001)|
|Children||Son – David Murray
Daughter – Jessica Arantes
Here is the list of J.K. Rowling’s favourite things.
|Favourite Self-Written Books||The Casual Vacancy, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone|
|Favourite film||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince|
|Favourite Book||“Emma” by Jane Austen, “The dairies of Auberon Waugh” by Auberon Waugh, “Team of Rivals” by Doris Kearns Goodwin|
Some Interesting Facts About J.K. Rowling
- Since her growing age, Rowling wanted to become a writer and cherish her dream of writing books.
- In teenage, she had a bitter relationship with her father but later a break came into their relationship when her father sold a collection of unique, printed Harry Potter first versions.
- Her first husband Jorge Arantes was a Portuguese columnist who assured that he was the first to read Harry Potter. The couple got separated when he forced her out of the flat at five in the morning.
- She was disappointed because of her fizzled marriage and being jobless with a reliant youngster.
- She used King’s Cross Station as the station from where the Hogwart’s Express withdraws in the Harry Potter story because her parents met each other there.
- Her hobby is traveling.
- Rather than on a computer, she prefers writing her novels in longhand.
- While living in a small flat with her daughter, she wrote ‘Harry Potter’ to pay off her gas bills.
- Along with Baroness Emma Nicholson, she co-founded LUMOS, which is a charity foundation.
- From Edinburgh University, she received an honorary degree for her outstanding contribution to children’s literature.
- In 2008, Forbes ranked her 9 in ‘The Celebrity 100 list’.
- She is considered to be the first author who became a billionaire by writing novels.