Biography / Wiki
Hope Solo, born in 1981, emerged as a prominent goalkeeper in soccer during her time at the University of Washington. Her exceptional skills and contributions were pivotal in securing the gold medal for the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Furthermore, she delivered an outstanding performance at the subsequent Summer Games in London. Solo’s near-record-breaking achievements inspired and propelled the U.S. team to claim victory in the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2015.
After making controversial remarks during the 2016 Olympics, her tenure with the national team concluded. Subsequently, she initiated a lawsuit against U.S. Soccer, alleging unequal payment between male and female players. In 2011, she showcased a different facet of her personality by participating in the television show ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
Height / Weight / Age
On her upcoming birthday, Hope Solo will be celebrating her 41st year. Standing at a height of 5 feet 9 inches, she maintains an athletic physique with a weight of 70 kg. Her figure measurements are estimated to be around 34-28-36. Hope possesses striking blue eyes and blonde hair, adding to her distinct appearance.
Hope Solo’s wealth primarily stems from her successful profession as a professional goalkeeper. With an estimated net worth exceeding $4 million, she has amassed considerable earnings. Additionally, Solo has partnered with numerous brands, including Seiko, for endorsements. One of her valuable assets is her Kirkland residence, which holds a significant value of $1.2 million, constituting a substantial portion of her overall wealth. Furthermore, she has indulged in various other luxuries, adding to her lavish lifestyle.
Education / Family
Hope was born in Richland, Washington on July 30, 1981. She began her soccer career at Richland High School, initially playing as a forward and impressively netting 109 goals in that position. However, she later gained fame as a gold-medal-winning goalkeeper and was honored as an All-American by Parade magazine on two occasions.
After attending Richland High School in Washington, she continued her education at the University of Washington, where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Speech Communications. Her father, Jeffrey Solo, had a military background, while her mother, Judy Lynn, worked as an Environmental Scientist. Growing up, she shared her childhood with her brother Marcus Solo and also had a half-sister named Teresa Obert.
|Real name||Hope Amelia Solo|
|Birth Place||Richland, Washington, USA|
|Date Of Birth||July 30, 1981|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cmIn feet inches – 5’ 9”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 70 kgIn pounds – 154 lbs|
|School||Richland High School, Washington|
|College||University of Washington, Washington|
|Home Town||Richland, Washington, USA|
|Fathers Name||Jeffrey Solo (Former Military Personnel)|
|Mothers Name||Judy Lynn (Environmental Scientist)|
|Sister||Teresa Obert (Half-sister)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Hope Solo, who was chosen by the ‘Philadelphia Charge’ team of the ‘Women’s United Soccer Association’ in 2003, participated in eight games and achieved her inaugural professional shutout against the ‘Atlantic Beat’.
She initially served as a backup goalkeeper for the US 2003 Summer Olympics, but in 2005, she was elevated to the position of the team’s top choice. This promotion marked the beginning of an extraordinary accomplishment, as she went on to establish a remarkable record for the longest unbeaten streak by a US goalkeeper. From March 7, 2002, to July 16, 2008, she remained undefeated for an astonishing 55 consecutive matches.
Solo was a key member of the starting line-up for most of the matches during the 2007 FIFA Women’s World Cup. However, she was relegated to the bench for a critical match, resulting in a loss for the US. Nevertheless, her remarkable contributions played a pivotal role in securing the gold medal for the US at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
In 2010, she joined the ‘Atlanta Beat’ before moving on to ‘MagicJack’ in 2011. She represented the ‘Seattle Sounders Women’ during the 2012 club season. Solo participated in the 13th season of Dancing with the Stars in 2011 and achieved a commendable performance alongside her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, earning a spot in the semi-finals of the show.
Records / Achievements
- Won gold at Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
- U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year 2009
- WPS Goalkeeper of the Year 2009
- FIFA Women’s World Cup Golden Glove (2011, 2015)
- Won gold at London 2012 Olympic Games
- IFFHS World’s Women Best Goalkeeper (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup Golden Glove (2014, 2015)
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Jerramy Stevens (American football tight end)Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Ukrainian choreographer, Rumor)|
|Husband||Jerramy Stevens (American football tight end, m. 2012 – present)|
|Favourite Actors||Harrison Ford|
|Favourite Food||Thai cuisine|
|Favourite Films||Disney’s Hercules, The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars|
|Favourite Sport||Soccer, Basketball|
Some Interesting Facts About Hope Solo
- Her father taught her to play soccer when she was just 5 years old.
- She started playing for the University of Washington Huskies as she knew her family wasn’t financially strong enough to send her to college. She believed that her soccer skills could help her get there.
- She used to be a bully in her school
- Her father was convicted of fraud conversion of property from a property owner after her parent’s divorce in 1987, However, in 2012 her charges were dropped.
- In 2011, she participated and reached the semi-finals in the 13th season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ along with her dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
- Her hobby is swimming and she is also a dog lover.
- She released her autobiography ‘Solo: A Memoir of Hope’ in 2012. It reached #3 on the New York Times Best Seller list.
- Her skills helped earn the U.S. team’s 3rd World Cup championship since 1991 and she was the game-changer at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.