Biography / Wiki
Elvis Presley, a prominent American singer and actor, gained recognition for his significant impact on the Rock and Roll genre in Western music. Born on January 8, 1935, as Elvis Aaron Presley, he earned the title “The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll” due to his unique performance style that combined vibrant energy with an alluring sensuality.
He was the pioneer in having his concert transmitted via satellite, making him the first performer to achieve this feat. His musical style combined elements of rhythm and blues with country music. His admiration and incorporation of African-American singers stirred up controversy, making him a figure of debate.
Height / Weight / Age
Elvis Presley stood at a height of 182 cm, which is equivalent to 6 feet and 0 inches. He weighed 77 kg in kilograms or 170 lbs in pounds. Sadly, Elvis passed away on January 8, 1935, at the young age of 42.
With a stunning shade of blue, he possessed captivating eyes, while his hair naturally grew brown but was dyed black. His physique boasted a chest measuring 40 inches, a waist of 32 inches, and biceps that measured 14 inches. A distinctive feature of his was his deep, husky voice, adorned with a charming southern accent. Recognized for his swaying pelvis, he earned the nickname “Elvis the Pelvis.”
Elvis possessed an estimated net worth of around $300 million. Additionally, he possessed a diverse range of automobiles, including a Mercedes Benz 600, Ford T-bird, BMW 507s, Rolls Royce, Lincoln Limousine, Ferrari, and various others. Furthermore, he owned a residence valued at $102,500.
Education / Family
Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi to Vernon Elvis Presley and Gladys Love. He had a twin brother named Jesse Garon Presley. Coming from a religious family, they regularly attended the Assembly of God Church, which played a significant role in inspiring Elvis’s passion for music. His initial foray into the public spotlight took place on October 3, 1945, when he made his debut performance at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show. Notably, influential country artists such as Ted Daffan, Ernest Tubb, and Jake Hess greatly influenced Elvis’s musical journey.
|Real Name||Elvis Aron Presley|
|Nickname||The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis the Pelvis|
|Birth Place||Tupelo, Tennessee|
|Date Of Birth||January 8, 1935|
|Age||42 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 182 cmIn feet inches – 6’0”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 77 kgIn pounds – 170 lbs|
|Hair Color||Naturally brown, but dyed black|
|Profession||Musician, actor, singer|
|School||Humes High School|
|Home Town||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Debut||Film – Love Me Tender|
|Fathers Name||Gladys Love|
|Mothers Name||Vernon Elvis Presley|
|Brothers||Jesse Garon Presley (twin)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Elvis Presley’s musical career took off in 1954 when he was recorded by DJ Philips performing Arthur Crudup’s hit song ‘That’s All Right.’ Shortly after, Tom Parker became his executive manager and successfully negotiated a contract between Elvis and the record label ‘RCA Victor.’ The year 1956 proved to be a pivotal one for Elvis as he made his television debut on the popular program ‘Stage Show.’ Additionally, he ventured into the world of acting and starred in his first movie, ‘Love Me Tender.’ This marked the beginning of a fruitful film career as Elvis went on to sign contracts for six more movies.
Receiving a draft notice to serve as a common soldier, he withdrew from the music industry for a span of two years. Nevertheless, his manager skillfully ensured that Elvis’s fame continued to thrive during his absence.
After his successful comeback with the album “Elvis is Back,” he followed it up with “Something for Everybody.” Throughout his career, he received 14 Grammy nominations and emerged victorious three times for his albums “How Great Thou Art” and “He Touched Me.”
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1967, he entered matrimony with Priscilla Beaulieu, but their union ended in divorce in 1973. During their time together, they had a daughter named Lisa Marie, who later pursued a career as a singer. Tragically, he passed away in 1977 as a result of a drug overdose.
|Marital Status||Unmarried after divorce in 1972|
|Wife||Priscilla Presley (1967-1972)|
|Children||Daughter – Lisa Marie Presley|
The list of Elvis’s favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Tony Curtis|
|Favourite TV series||The Tonight Show|
|Favourite Food||Peanut butter, bacon, potato cheese soup, meatloaf with mushroom gravy, honey sandwich, banana|
Some Interesting Facts About Elvis Presley
- His grandfather built a house in which is two-bedroom home in which Presley lived.
- He had an elder twin brother who was born 35 minutes before Elvis.
- From an Assembly of God event, he was inspired and became a member of the Pentecostal church.
- Colonel Tom Parker managed Elvis for a long twenty years.
- He was called as ‘trashy’ in school because he played hillybilly music.
- He had turkey as his pet which he named Bowtie.
- Once to color his hair black, he used shoe polish.
- Germans called him ‘rock and roll’ matador.
- Once he broke a women’s ankle by mistake while performing a karate technique.
- His daughter Lisa Marie Presley married Michael Jackson.
- In the narcotics department, he wanted to become the Federal Agent at Large.
- Before his big break, he was turned down by the gospel quartet Songfellas.
- In 1956, Love me Tender was released which became his first box office hit.
- At the age of 36, he was honored with Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and had won three Grammy Awards.
- His hobbies were go-carting, karate, touch football, numerology, and gospel singing.
- His ethnicity was Scots-Irish, Scottish, German, and French Norman.
- He was famous for his performances, style of singing, dancing, and fashion.