Biography / Wiki
Elisabeth Moss, a prominent American actress, has gained recognition for her notable roles in television series such as ‘The West Wing’ and ‘Mad Men.’ Her talent extends beyond the small screen, as she has also showcased her acting prowess in films and on stage. Raised by musician parents, she nurtured her aspirations of becoming a performer and professional dancer.
Driven by her fervor for dance, she relocated to New York City to undergo intensive training as a ballet dancer. Eventually, opportunities for acting began to pour in, prompting her to adeptly juggle her education and burgeoning career from a tender age.
Elisabeth has showcased her talent in a range of television and film productions, notably in the political drama ‘The West Wing’ where she portrayed the president’s daughter. Her exceptional performance as a handmaid in ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ earned her the prestigious ‘Primetime Emmy Award’ for ‘Outstanding Lead Actress.’
Height / Weight / Age
Elisabeth Moss, a stunning actress, weighs approximately 52 kg or 115 lbs. Standing at a petite height of 160 cm (5’3″), she captivates audiences with her beauty. Her dark brown hair and sparkling blue eyes enhance her enchanting appearance. Elisabeth boasts a figure measuring around 35-28-36, accentuating her graceful silhouette. As she approaches her 40th birthday, she continues to exude charm with her radiant personality and glowing skin.
Elisabeth Moss has an estimated net worth of around $14 million.
Education / Family
Elisabeth Moss, the oldest daughter of Ron and Linda Moss, was born in Los Angeles, California, USA. Raised in a musical household, with both her parents being musicians, Moss embarked on her acting journey from an early age. She made her debut on screen in the miniseries “Lucky/Chances” on NBC.
In order to balance her burgeoning acting career as a child, she opted for homeschooling and completed her education ahead of her peers. After gaining recognition as a child actress, she relocated to New York City and enrolled in the prestigious ‘School of American Ballet’ to pursue her dream of becoming a professional dancer.
|Real name||Elisabeth Singleton Moss|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Date Of Birth||July 24, 1982|
|Height||In centimeters – 160 cmIn feet inches – 5’2”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 52 kgIn pounds –|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Home Town||Los Angeles|
|Debut||Suburban Commando (1991)|
|Fathers Name||Ron (Musician)|
|Mothers Name||Linda Moss (musician)|
|Brothers||Derek Moss (younger)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Elisabeth commenced her acting journey at a tender age, making her debut as ‘Cynthia Parks’ in a notable seven episodes of the TV series ‘Picket Fences.’ Additionally, she showcased her vocal talents by lending her voice to the character ‘Michelle’ in the animated film ‘Once upon a Forest.’ Transitioning into adulthood, she garnered acclaim for her portrayal of ‘Zoey Bartlet’ in the renowned television series ‘The West Wing,’ marking one of her most distinguished roles.
In 2003, she garnered an ‘Independent Spirit Award’ nomination for her performance in the film ‘Virgin’ after having previously taken on smaller roles. Following that, she played a supporting character in the horror series ‘Invasion’ from 2005 to 2006.
Between 2007 and 2015, she mesmerized audiences with her portrayal of the secretary-turned-copywriter, Peggy Olson, in the critically acclaimed period drama “Mad Men,” widely regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time. Her outstanding performance in “Mad Men” garnered numerous Emmy Award nominations, solidifying her talent and dedication to her craft. In addition to her success on “Mad Men,” she also achieved accolades for her role in the television series “Top of the Lake,” including winning the Golden Globe Award, Satellite Award, and Equity Ensemble Award.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 2009, she entered into matrimony with Fred Armisen, but unfortunately, the couple decided to part ways in 2011 due to personal circumstances.
|Boyfriends||Fred Armisen (Actor)
|Husband||Fred Armisen (2009-2011)|
Here is the list of Elisabeth’s favorite things.
|Favorite Food||Chocolate, Sweets, Candy & Ice-Cream|
Some Interesting Facts About Elisabeth Moss
- Along with Suzanne Farrell, Elisabeth studied ballet at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Her mother is a professional musician, who plays blues and jazz.
- She is one of a lifelong member of the Church of Scientology.
- Her role as Robin Griffin in Top of the Lake is her favorite character that she has played.
- For her performance in “The Heidi Chronicles”, she was nominated for the 2015 Best Actress in a Play Tony Award. But unfortunately, Helen Mirren won the award for her performance in “The Audience”.
- Her father belongs to England whereas her mother is an American who is of half Swedish and half German and Austrian descent.
- She shares the same date of birth with Anna Paquin and Lauren Miller Rogen.
- She has dual citizenship in America and the British.
- If not an actress, then she would have become a ballerina.
- For the 2019 Golden Globe Award, she was nominated for the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama category for her role as June Osborne in The Handmaid’s Tale. But the award was won by Sandra Oh for Killing Eve.