Deborah Feldman is an American author known for her memoirs that focus on her experiences growing up in a strict Hasidic Jewish community in Brooklyn, New York, and her journey to break free from its constraints. Her writing sheds light on the challenges she faced as a young woman seeking independence and self-discovery within a deeply traditional and insular community.
Feldman gained widespread attention with her first memoir, “Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots,” published in 2012. In this book, she recounts her upbringing in the Satmar Hasidic sect, her arranged marriage at a young age, and her eventual decision to leave the community with her young son. The memoir delves into the customs, rituals, and expectations of the Hasidic world, as well as Feldman’s struggle to find her own identity and pursue her dreams outside of it.
Her writing is characterized by its candid and introspective style, offering readers a glimpse into her personal journey of self-discovery and the challenges of breaking free from a tightly knit community. Feldman’s courageous decision to share her story has resonated with many readers, sparking discussions about religious freedom, cultural identity, and the pursuit of individualism.
“Unorthodox” was later adapted into a highly acclaimed Netflix miniseries of the same name, which further brought her story to a global audience. The miniseries follows a fictionalized version of Feldman’s experiences and received critical acclaim for its portrayal of her struggles and triumphs.
In addition to “Unorthodox,” Feldman has also authored other books, including “Exodus: A Memoir,” published in 2020, which continues her story as she navigates her new life outside of the Hasidic community and grapples with the complexities of assimilation and freedom.
Deborah Feldman’s writing has had a significant impact on discussions surrounding religious fundamentalism, personal autonomy, and cultural diversity. Her work continues to inspire conversations about the challenges faced by individuals who choose to forge their own path, even when it means confronting deeply ingrained traditions and societal expectations.
|Real Full Birth Name||Deborah Feldman|
|Famous for||her own life true story “Unorthodox”.|
|Age (As of 2019)||33 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||17 August 1986.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Williamsburg, New York, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||N/A.|
|House Location||Berlin, Germany.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5’7″.
Meters: 1.7 m.
Centimeters: 170 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 121 lbs.
Kilograms: 55 Kg.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Wil Update soon.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband.||Name not available.|
|Social media||Instagram: @deborah_feldman (4,848 followers).|
|Highest Qualification||Literature Degree.|
|College.||Sarah Lawrence College.|
|Net worth (approx)||$1.2 million US dollars (as of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deborah Feldman
- Deborah Feldman is searched over the internet worldwide because her Unorthodox German show is launch on Netflix on 26 March 2020 inspired by her true story.
- Feldman is a Famous American and German writer.
- She took birth in the world on 17 August 1986.
- As of 2019, her age is now 33 years old.
- Her birthplace is Williamsburg, New York, United States.
- She has grown up under her grandparent’s guidance in the Hasidic Satmar group in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City
- Deborah’s father was mentally weak and therefore unable to raise his daughter Feldman.
- Feldman’s mother left the Hasidic Satmar group due to her husband’s condition.
- In her community, the English language is used, but her first language is Yiddish.
- He had to marry at the age of 17 due to the strict rules of his society.
- After marriage, she moved Williamsburg with her husband.
- In the year 2019, she became the mother of one child.
- As of 2020, she makes $1.2 million US dollars net worth from her career.
- She began her studies as and doing Literature course at Sarah Lawrence College.
- In the year she 2009, she took her son and cut ties with the community.
- In the year 2012, she starts Blogging and published her autobiography “Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots”.
- Her True story based written Biography became the best seller of those years.
- In the year 2014, she continued her writing work and settled in the Neukolln district, Berlin, Germany.
- Deborah Feldman Unorthodox book is translated into the German language.
- Feldman is appreciated by the German writers that’s why she got the chance to appear on various talk shows of Germany.
- She is currently working on her first German-language novel Random House.
- Feldman is active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- On her Instagram id @deborah_feldman only 4,848 peoples follow Deborah.
- She shares her colleagues, friends, and enjoyment pictures with her son.
- Deborah Feldman is 5 feet 7 inches tall strong Lady.
- Her eyes color is blue and hair color is Dark Brown.