David Hudson, born on August 11, 1988, is an acclaimed American singer, songwriter, and prominent figure in the entertainment industry. Hailing from Tulsa, Oklahoma, he gained fame as the sibling of Katy Perry, a renowned American singer, songwriter, and television judge.
Katy Perry gained global recognition with the release of her second album, “One of the Boys,” in 2008. Additionally, her birth name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson. Following that, her subsequent studio album, “Teenage Dream,” achieved remarkable success by securing a prominent position on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
The album featured several hit songs, including “Firework,” “E.T.,” “California Gurls,” “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.),” “The One That Got Away,” and more. Katy Perry’s subsequent projects included albums such as “Prism” and “Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection,” as well as the film “Katy Perry: Part of Me,” among others.
Childhood, Parents & Sisters
David Hudson, the celebrity brother, was born on August 11, 1988, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. As of 2019, he is 31 years old, and his zodiac sign is Leo.
David’s parents, Maurice Keith Hudson and Mary Christine Hudson, gained fame as Pentecostal pastors. He comes from a diverse ancestral background, with German, English, Irish, and Portuguese roots. Additionally, Hudson has two older sisters named Katheryn Hudson, born on October 25, 1984, and Angela Hudson.
During his early years, he embarked on extensive journeys with his family, traversing the entire nation as Maurice and Mary established churches along the way. Eventually, the Hudson family found their way back to Santa Barbara, where they finally settled down once more.
David experienced a diverse range of religious education throughout his upbringing and participated in numerous schools and camps. After graduating from Dos Pueblos High School, his family faced significant financial hardships, relying on food stamps and regularly accessing the resources provided by local food banks for their meals.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||David Daniel Hudson.|
|Profession||Singer and Songwriter.|
|Famously Known as||For being the younger brother of Katy Perry (American singer, songwriter, and television judge).|
|Birthday (DOB)||11 August 1988.|
|Age (as of 2019)||31 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Debut||Extended Play: Dirty Face in 2012.
Studio Album: The Revolution on August 27, 2013.
|Signed by||Columbia Records|
|Various Other Appearances||1. Katy Perry: Part of Me.
2. Summer Campbell (short film).
|Parents||Father: Maurice Keith Hudson.
Mother: Mary Christine Hudson.
|Siblings||Sisters: Katheryn Hudson and Angela Hudson.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 6′ 0″.
Centimeters: 182 cm.
Meters: 1.82 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 78 Kg.
Pounds: 171 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-30-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Girlfriend||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Dos Pueblos High School.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$3-4 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about David Hudson
- His real full birth name is David Daniel Hudson.
- David Daniel’s stage name is HUDSON.
- Katy Perry’s brother is currently signed to Columbia Records.
- He also acted in a 2013 short film called “Summer Campbell” as Brett/Bryan Tarkington.
- At the age of 12, he started to write his own songs.
- David Hudson also appeared in Katy’s film, Katy Perry: Part of Me.
- In 2012, he released his debut Extended Play called Dirty Face.
- Later, the singer came up with his first studio album “The Revolution” on August 27, 2013.
- His maternal uncle “Frank Perry” was a famous film director who is best known for his work in the movie “David and Lisa”. It also earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay and Best Director.
- Growing up, David and his sisters were not allowed to eat the cereal Lucky Charms. This is because the word “luck” reminded Mary Christine Hudson of Lucifer.
- As of March 2020, Hudson’s elder sibling, Katy Perry, is engaged to her boyfriend “Orlando Bloom” (English Actor and Producer).
- The pair launched their romantic affair in January 2016 but soon broke up in February 2017.
- Later, they rekindled their love life in April 2018 and then Bloom and Perry engaged each other on February 15, 2019, in a private ceremony.
- On March 04, 2020, Perry released her new song “Never Worn White” where she revealed her pregnancy.
- This is the first child of Katy and the second child of Orlando. Bloom’s son named “Flynn Christopher Bloom” was born via his first marriage with his ex-wife “Miranda Kerr” (Australian Model).
- As per the source, Katy and Orlando were about to marry in the first week of March 2020 in Japan.
- However, their wedding was postponed due to coronavirus scare.