David Edwards, a former basketball player who played for Texas A&M University, tragically passed away on March 23, 2020, in his hometown of New York City. His death was attributed to complications from the novel coronavirus. He was 38 years old at the time of his passing, having been born in 1981.
During his college years, David Edwards played for the Texas A&M Aggies basketball team from 1991 to 1994. He left a significant mark on the team, holding the single-season record for total assists during that period. As a senior player, he contributed to the team’s success, helping them secure a spot in the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). He had an impressive average of 13.3 points per game and led the Southwest Conference with 265 assists.
Prior to his time at Texas A&M University, Edwards played for the Georgetown School team from 1989 to 1990. He joined the Texas A&M basketball team in 1991 and continued to play for the university until his passing in 2020.
David Edwards was remembered by his peers, teammates, and coaches as a fierce competitor with contagious confidence on the court. Despite his relatively short stature of 5 feet 9 inches tall and a weight of 78 kg, he made a significant impact through his skills and dedication to the game.
Unfortunately, not much information is available about his personal life, family, or childhood. He did not actively use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
The news of his passing deeply affected those who knew him, including former teammates like Chuck Henderson and other basketball figures like Dr. John Thornton, who highlighted Edwards’ competitive spirit and confidence. The impact of his loss was particularly felt due to the circumstances of his passing during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
|Real Full Birth Name||David Edwards.|
|Age (As of 2019)||38 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1981.|
|Death||March 23, 2020.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Taurus.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5’9″.
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 76 Kg.
Pounds: 167.5 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||11.|
|Parents||Father: Not known.
Mother: Not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Will Update Soon.|
|College||Texas A&M University|
|School||Georgetown High School.|
|Net worth (As in 2020)||$ 10 million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About David Edwards
- David Edwards in the news because he dies on David Edwards March 23, 2020, in his native New York City.
- According to the former A&M guard Chuck Henderson, his cause of death was the novel coronavirus.
- Henderson wrote on Facebook, In so many years I never thought that my backcourt teammates would leave the world prematurely. I got this news when Dave Edwards passed away.
- Edwards’s death confirmed by his former college, Texas A&M on Monday.
- Between 1991 and 1994, he holds the Aggies single-season record for total assistants and played for them.
- In his life as a senior player, he helped Texas A&M to a berth in the NIT as he averaged 13.3 points per game and led the Southwest Conference with 265 assists.
- David was born in new york city.
- He dies at the age of 38 years old.
- His mother gave him a birth in the world in the year 1981.
- He completed his schooling from the Local school of Georgetown.
- Later, David Edwards Join Texas A&M University and start doing his Degree.
- While Studying in college, he is also Join the Basketball team of the college.
- From the year 1989 to 1990, he played for the Georgetown School team.
- 1991 to 2020, he played for the Texas A&M University.
- He doesn’t share anything about his parent’s information, Siblings data, and childhood Life.
- Dr. John Thornton, former Texas A&M basketball player, coach, and athletics administrator, said: “Those are in the stands of David will remember him as a fierce competitor, with confidence that was contagious.
- Charles Henderson with Michael Smith and Joe Wilbert III said in a Facebook post “This coronavirus has hit me in the heart. We need to find a vaccine. Dave was one of the fiercest competitors and best point guards that I’ve ever met. Nearly unstoppable”.
- All his team members, College colleagues, School colleagues, Missing him Today.
- In his life, he is not active on Social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- David Edwards has a decent height of 5 feet 9 inches tall, and his weight is 78 kg.