Danny Tidwell, born on August 1, 1984, in Norfolk, Virginia, USA, was an accomplished American dancer. He gained recognition as the first runner-up on the reality show “So You Think You Can Dance” in 2007. Tragically, he passed away on March 6, 2020.
He began his dance journey in childhood, embracing both jazz and ballet styles. At the age of 15, he enrolled in the prestigious Kirov Academy of Ballet. Subsequently, he became affiliated with renowned dance companies like the American Ballet Theater.
He collaborated on dance acts alongside esteemed choreographers like Mia Michaels, Debbie Allen, and William Forsythe. Initially, he despised ballet and even avoided its classes.
In an interview with Dance Magazine, Mr. Tidwell shared his tales of triumph and adversity. Sadly, he lost his life in a car accident on March 6, 2020.
Childhood, Parents, Bio & Siblings
Danny Tidwell was born on August 1, 1984, in Norfolk, Virginia, and grew up in the vicinity of Virginia Beach. During his childhood, he exhibited a spirited and energetic personality. His adoptive brother is Travis Wall, a renowned dance instructor, dancer, and choreographer.
He spent his life alongside his biological mother and two brothers, and he pursued his education at the Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington, DC.
Tidwell received advanced classical ballet training under the guidance of Vladimir Djouloukhadze, and Denise Wall assumed official custody of him.
In May 2014, he entered into matrimony with David Benaym, a journalist, and the couple appeared joyfully united in their marital bond.
Moreover, Danny Tidwell tragically lost his life in a fatal accident on March 6, 2020, and he had never discussed his childhood during media interviews. Confirmation of his passing came through a post on Travis’s Instagram account.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Real Full Name||Danny Tidwell.|
|In the News for||Died on March 6, 2020 in an accident.|
|Birthday (DOB)||August 1, 1984.|
|Place of Birth||Norfolk (Virginia, USA).|
|Age (as of 2019)||35 years old.|
|Date of Death||March 6, 2020.|
|House Location||Virginia, USA.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Denise Wall.
|Siblings||Brother: Travis Wall (Dance Instructor, Dancer & Choreographer).|
|Dating History.||Linked with David Benaym.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Passed Out.|
|College/University||Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington, DC.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″.
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$450K US Dollars.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Danny Tidwell
- He did some of his best dance performances with Anya Garnis, Sara Von Gillern, Lauren Gottlieb, and Sabra Johnson.
- Furthermore, he received the chance to be in the Dance Magazine 25 to watch and Pointe Magazine’s Top 10 VIP.
- He provided dance classes in the National Dance Foundation of Bermuda in the International Summer Internship Program.
- For a season, he was with Complexions Contemporary Ballet (2006).
- Danny was closely associated with the founders like Dwight Rhoden and Desmond Richardson.
- On the other hand, Danny Tidwell’s height measured around 5 feet 10 inches (178 in Centimeters). His bodyweight is 79 Kilograms (174 in-lbs).
- However, he kept the hidden secrets about his father and other family members.
- Tidwell’s net worth valued $450K US Dollars. Additionally, he made earnings of around $50K-$60K.
- He and his loving brother Travis in the Madison Square Garden’s for the So You Think You Can Dance.
- Meanwhile, he posed on the cover page with the Sabra Johnson on the spring 2008 cover page.