Biography / Wiki
Christopher Edward Nolan, a British-American film director, stands as one of the most revered and accomplished filmmakers of the 21st century. His illustrious career has been adorned with numerous accolades, including an impressive collection of 7 Oscars from 34 nominations. Nolan’s creative journey commenced during his college years, where he fearlessly crafted short films on a shoestring budget. Since then, his cinematic endeavors have captivated audiences globally, amassing an astounding box office revenue of nearly 5 billion dollars.
Christopher Nolan, renowned for his direction of ‘The Dark Knight’ Trilogy, is primarily known for his work revolving around the fictional superhero Batman. His film ‘Inception’ achieved tremendous popularity worldwide and is often hailed as one of the best sci-fi psychological thrillers. Among his notable works is ‘Dunkirk,’ widely regarded as one of the greatest war films ever made. Nolan’s filmmaking prowess has earned him a reputation as one of the industry’s greatest talents.
Height / Weight / Age
Christopher Nolan, who was born on July 13, 1970, will be celebrating his 52nd birthday. He maintains his physical fitness through regular exercise and stands at a height of 6 feet. With a weight of approximately 74 kg, Nolan’s appearance showcases his tall and fit stature. Known for his exceptional directorial skills, he possesses a striking handsomeness complemented by his rare light blue eyes and blonde hair.
As one of the most highly acclaimed directors and filmmakers in the Hollywood entertainment industry, it comes as no surprise that Christopher Nolan has amassed considerable wealth. With numerous blockbuster films to his name, his net worth is currently estimated at $135 million US dollars.
Education / Family
Christopher Edward Nolan hails from Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom, where he was born and raised. His parents are Brendon Nolan, his father, and Christina Nolan, his mother. Growing up, Christopher Nolan shared his childhood with his two brothers, Jonathan Nolan and Matthew Nolan.
Christopher, a local school attendee at Haileybury and Imperial Service College in Hertford, England, further pursued his education at a university college in London. Although he graduated with a degree in English literature, Christopher’s fame stems from his remarkable filmmaking skills, despite the absence of any formal film school training.
Christopher Edward Nolan
|Birth Place||Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Date Of Birth||July 30, 1970|
|Height||In centimeters – 183 cmIn feet and inches – 6 feet|
|Weight||In kilograms – 74 kgIn pounds – 163 lbs|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|School||Haileybury and Imperial Service College, Hertford, England|
|College||University college in London|
|Home Town||Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Debut||Film – Following (1998)|
|Fathers Name||Brendan Nolan|
|Mothers Name||Christina Nolan|
|Brothers||Matthew Francis Nolan,
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1998, Christopher Nolan made his directorial debut with the film “Following.” Following the success of “Following,” Nolan went on to direct the psychological thriller “Memento” in 2000. Continuing his directorial journey, he then helmed the film “Insomnia,” which was released in 2002.
Christopher Nolan directed the 2005 superhero film ‘Batman Begins,’ which marked the beginning of ‘The Dark Knight’ trilogy. In 2006, he released ‘The Prestige,’ a film based on Christopher Priest’s novel. Following that, Nolan directed ‘The Dark Knight’ in 2008, and in 2012, he directed ‘The Dark Knight Rises.’
The science fiction film ‘Inception,’ which he helmed, also earned four ‘Oscars.’ Released in 2014, he penned, directed, and produced the science-fiction movie Interstellar, which also received an Academy Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is currently married to Emma Thomas and the couple is blessed with a daughter and two sons.
|Children||Son: Oliver Nolan, Rory Nolan, Magnus NolanDaughter: Flora Nolan|
Here we provide you the list of Christopher Nolan’s favorite things.
|Favorite Graphic Artist||M. C. Escher|
|Favorite Writer||Jorge Luis Borges|
|Favorite Film||Blade Runner (1982)|
Some Interesting Facts About Christopher Nolan
- Christopher is left-handed and he is Red and green color blind.
- Nolan never went to any film school and yet his style of direction is exceptional.
- The flask of Earl Green tea is one thing without which he is never seen and carries it with him every day to the film set.
- ‘100 most influential people in the world’ is a list by time magazine which featured Christopher Nolan in the year 2015.
- Inception is his film that he wrote over a period of 10 years, and it is considered one of his greatest films.
- He has worked as a camera operator and sound recorder as well as in the editing department before finally directing his debut movie.
- With the help of his father’s super 8 Camera, Christopher Nolan started filming movies ever since he was 7 years old.
- Christopher Nolan became the highest-paid director in Hollywood in 2016 after he started his career with ultra low budget movies.
- Out of the top 10 movies listed in IMDb’s top-rated 250 movie list, 7 were directed by him as of 2017.
- Nolan’s mandatory United States citizenship was legitimized in the year 2002 and he has dual citizenship of both England and America.