Chet Hanks, born on August 4, 1990, in Los Angeles, California, is a renowned American actor, singer, rapper, social media personality, and celebrity offspring. He gained immense popularity as one of the offspring of Tom Hanks, a highly acclaimed American actor and filmmaker.
The actor initially achieved recognition for his movies like Bachelor Party, Splash, and Turner & Hooch. He stands as one of Hollywood’s most acclaimed stars, ranking as the fifth highest-grossing actor in the USA.
Moreover, Hanks is the second actor to have secured the Academy Award for Best Actor in two consecutive years. Initially, he received the award for his performance in Philadelphia (1993), followed by his win for Forrest Gump (1994).
Tom Hanks has also been prominently involved in notable projects like “The Post,” “Captain Phillips,” “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” “The Terminal,” “Bridge of Spies,” “Saving Private Ryan,” the “Toy Story” franchise, “You’ve Got Mail,” and “Apollo 13,” among many others.
Early Life, Profile, Parents & Siblings
Chet Hanks, born as Chester Marlon Hanks, marks his birthday on August 4th. He was welcomed into the world in 1990 to his parents, Tom Hanks and his mother. As of 2019, Chet Hanks is 29 years old and falls under the Leo zodiac sign.
Rita Wilson, his mother, is recognized for her roles as a songwriter, singer, actress, and producer. Her acting career boasts popular movies including Runaway Bride, The Story of Us, Sleepless in Seattle, Volunteers, Jingle All the Way, and Now and Then.
On March 12, 2020, Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, Chester’s father, revealed that he and his wife had tested positive for the coronavirus. On the same day, Chester Hanks took to his social media to share a video assuring their fans that his parents were hospitalized in Australia and were in stable condition.
Furthermore, Chet shared on Instagram that his mother and father are currently in Australia to film Tom’s upcoming movie. He reassured everyone that his parents are not severely unwell and there is no need for concern.
Chester Marlon Hanks possesses a younger sibling, a brother by the name of Truman Theodore Hanks, born on the 26th of December, 1995. Chester Marlon Hanks, often referred to as Chet Hanks, concluded his secondary education at a private high school in California. Subsequently, he achieved his degree from Northwestern University.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Chester Marlon Hanks.|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Rapper, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famously Known as||being the son of Tom Hanks (American actor and filmmaker).|
|Birthday (DOB)||August 4, 1990.|
|Age (as of 2019)||29 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States.|
|Various Films||1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
2. Bratz: The Movie.
3. Fantastic Four.
4. Larry Crowne.
|Official Email||[email protected].|
|Social Media Profiles||Instagram: @chethanx (244,000 + followers).
Twitter: @chethaze (22.6+ K followers).
|Parents||Father: Thomas Jeffrey Hanks.
Mother: Rita Wilson (birth name Margarita Ibrahimoff).
|Siblings||Half-Sister: Elizabeth Ann Hanks.
Step-Brother: Colin Hanks.
Brother: Truman Theodore Hanks
|Grandparents||Allan Wilson & Dorothy Wilson and Amos Mefford Hanks & Janet Marylyn Frager.|
|Girlfriend||Name not available.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Greece.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Christian Bale.
Actress: Margot Robbie.
|Best Cuisine||French Food.|
|Favorite Applications||YouTube and Instagram.|
|Brands||Louis Vuitton, Audi, Prada, Gucci, Harley Davidson, etc.|
|School||Private School in California.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$650,000 US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Source of Income||Brand Endorsements, Sponsorship, and Films.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 10″.
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 84 Kg.
Pounds: 185 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||46-34-42.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Chet Hanks
- Rita Wilson’s son, Chet also has two older half-siblings named “Colin Hanks” (American actor, director, and producer) and “Elizabeth Ann Hanks” (actress).
- They took birth through Tom Hanks’ first marriage with his ex-wife “Samantha Lewes” (born November 29, 1952 – died March 12, 2002).
- Furthermore, the former couple took divorce in 1987. Unfortunately, she died at the age of 49 due to bone cancer.
- Chet’s parents first met each other on the sets of the TV series “Bosom Buddies” back in the early 1980s.
- Later, they again worked together in the 1985 film called “Volunteers” and started dating each other privately.
- The couple married each other in 1988. Before marrying her, the Oscar-winning actor converted to her faith as she is a member of the Greek Orthodox Church.
- As an actor, Chet Hanks had a minor role in “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” as a student. The film was released in 2008.
- Some of his other appearances are in films like Bratz: The Movie, Fantastic Four, and Larry Crowne.
- Chester Marlon Hanks even released a rap song in 2011.
- His grandparents are Allan Wilson & Dorothy Wilson and Amos Mefford Hanks & Janet Marylyn Frager.
- On Instagram, Chester Hanks entertains his over 244+ K followers by posting about his daily lifestyle and event appearances.
- Chet Hanks stands at an average height measuring of 1.78 meters (5′ 10″ tall) and possesses a muscular build.
- His estimated body weight is around 185 lbs i.e. 84 kilograms which he manages by doing strength and weight training in the fitness studio.