Charles Joseph Walker, hailing from Tennessee, was an American Newspaper Advertising Salesman born in 1851 and passed away on July 29, 1926. He gained recognition as the third husband of Madam C. J. Walker, a prominent American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and political and social activist.
Renowned for her achievements, she holds the esteemed title of America’s pioneering female self-made millionaire, a distinction bestowed upon her by the Guinness Book of World Records. Notably, Madam C. J. acquired her wealth through her thriving cosmetic enterprise.
Madam C. J. Walker established the “Madam C. J. Walker Manufacturing Company” in 1910, located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States. The company specializes in creating makeup and hair care products specifically designed for black women.
Additionally, Madam C. J. Walker actively engaged in various charitable endeavors and social initiatives. Furthermore, she gained recognition as a prominent supporter of the arts through her generous financial contributions to numerous organizations. Tragically, on May 25, 1919, Madam C. J. Walker passed away at the age of 51 as a result of kidney failure and complications arising from hypertension.
Married Life, Spouse & Kids
Charles Joseph Walker entered into matrimony with his beloved spouse, “Sarah Breedlove,” known to the world as Madam. The sacred union between the two occurred in January 1906, in a discreet ceremony graced by the presence of their dearest friends and cherished family members.
According to the given source, the couple initially encountered each other in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Sarah had been married twice before and had legally adopted Walker from her previous partner. Nonetheless, Charles and Breedlove eventually decided to formally separate, leading to their divorce in 1912.
In 1882, at the tender age of 14, Madam C. J. Walker entered into matrimony with her first partner, Moses McWilliams. From their union, a daughter named A’Lelia McWilliams was born. A’Lelia would grow up to become a notable businesswoman and eventually adopted the surname A’Lelia Walker after her step-father.
Following the passing of Moses, the entrepreneur entered into her second marriage with “John Davis” in 1894, which lasted until 1903. Prior to that, Sarah’s first husband had passed away in 1887.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Charles Joseph Walker.|
|Profession||Newspaper Advertising Salesman.|
|Famously Known as||being the husband of Madam C. J. Walker (American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and political & social activist).|
|In the news for||On March 20, 2020, a Netflix miniseries called “Self Made: Inspired by the life of Madam C. J. Walker” was released based on him and his wife.|
|Age (as of 1926)||75 years old.|
|Date of Death||July 29, 1926.|
|Burial||Saint Peter’s Cemetery Normandy, St. Louis County, Missouri, USA|
|Place of Birth||Tennessee, The United States of America.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Girlfriend||Name not available.|
|Children||Step-daughter: A’Lelia McWilliams.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 million US dollars.|
|Source of Income||Madam C. J. Walker Manufacturing Company.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 10″.
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 85 Kg.
Pounds: 184 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||46-34-41.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Shoe Size (US)||12.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Favorite Thing to Eat||Italian Cuisine.|
Some Hidden Facts about Charles Joseph Walker
- Madam C. J. Walker’s Husband took birth to his father and mother in 1851 in Tennessee, the United States of America. However, there are no much details about his actual birthdate and birthplace on the internet.
- Charles Joseph Walker aged 75 years old, as of 1926.
- On July 29, 1926, he passed away due to natural causes.
- Furthermore, Charles was also involved in Madam’s business.
- He used to provide advice on advertising and promotion.
- Moreover, Joseph Walker and Sarah also expanded their business while traveling throughout the southern and eastern United States.
- In 1908, the couple relocated to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They even opened a beauty parlor.
- Walker also launched a Lelia College in order to train hair culturists.
- After Sarah’s demise, her daughter became the president of the Madam C. J. Walker Manufacturing Company.
- On March 20, 2020, a Netflix miniseries called “Self Made: Inspired by the life of Madam C. J. Walker” was released.
- In fact, it is based on the biography of Walker called “On Her Own Ground” by A’Lelia Bundles. She is Madam’s great-great-granddaughter.
- The talented actress “Octavia Spencer” performed the main role of Madam C. J. Walker.
- On the other hand, Charles’ character was acted by Blair Underwood (actor and director).
- The series was directed by Kasi Lemmons and DeMane Davis.
- Some of the other main casts of the “Self Made: Inspired by the life of Madam C. J. Walker” are Tiffany Haddish as A’Lelia Walker, Kevin Carroll as Ransom, Garrett Morris as Cleophus, Carmen Ejogo as Addie, etc.
- Adam Cole Age, Height, Wife, Biography, Wiki, Kids, Family, Career & More
- Kristaps Porzingis Wiki, Age Height, Girlfriend, Biography, Nationality, Family & Career
- Brandi Padilla Bio, Age, Husband, Net worth, Height, Wiki & Family
- Lil Scrappy Wiki, Height, Songs, Age, Net Worth, Wife, Family & Biography
- Carter Sharer Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Biography & Family