Biography / Wiki
Carrie Fisher, known for her remarkable portrayal of Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, is undeniably a beloved figure among fans. Born on October 21, 1956, as Carrie Frances Fisher, she possessed the innate talent and Hollywood lineage that paved the way for her successful career.
Her artistic talents and exceptional portrayal of characters brought her both fame and adoration from the audience. However, as she rode the waves of success, she became ensnared by the grips of drug addiction, a struggle that cast a shadow over her personal and professional life. Nevertheless, even in the face of her addiction, she continued to mesmerize both her audience and critics with her incredible performances.
Height / Weight / Age
Carrie Fisher, known for her sharp sarcastic sense of humor and smirking characters, had a weight of 54 kg (119 lbs) and stood at a height of 165 cm (5’5″) tall. She had captivating dark brown eyes and her hair color was naturally white, which she dyed brown. Unfortunately, she passed away at the age of 60 on December 27, 2016. Carrie Fisher’s distinctive husky voice added to her unique charm and made her performances all the more memorable.
Carrie was roughly estimated to have a net worth of around $5 million.
Education / Family
Carrie, the daughter of the renowned musical superstar Debbie Reynolds and iconic actor Eddie Fisher, was raised primarily by her mother and step-father Harry Karl after her parents’ divorce. She grew up alongside her brother Todd Fisher and had two half-sisters, Joely Fisher and Tricia Leigh Fisher. While she initially attended Beverly Hills High School, Carrie decided to leave her studies behind to join her mother on a memorable road trip. Later on, she pursued her passion for acting by enrolling in London’s Central School of Speech and Drama, where she spent 18 months honing her skills.
|Real name||Carrie Frances Fisher|
|Birth Place||Beverly Hills, California|
|Date Of Birth||October 21, 1956|
|Age||60 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cmIn feet inches – 5’5”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 54 kgIn pounds – 119 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||White (dyed dark brown)|
|Profession||Actress, screenwriter, author, humorist, producer|
|School||Beverly Hills High School|
|College||Sarah Lawrence College, New York|
|Home Town||Beverly Hills, California|
|Debut||Film – Shampoo (1975)|
|Fathers Name||Eddie Fisher (singer)|
|Mothers Name||Debbie Reynolds (actor)|
|Brothers||Todd Fisher (actor & producer)|
|Sister||Joely Fisher (half-sister)Tricia Leigh Fisher (half-sister)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Carrie catapulted into the world of cinema in 1975, gracing the big screen in the Columbia comedy ‘Shampoo.’ In this memorable film, she shared the spotlight with acclaimed actors Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, and Goldie Hawn. However, it was her iconic portrayal of Princess Leia in the Star Wars series that truly launched her into stardom.
The impact of her drug addiction on her flourishing career was significant, resulting in a sharp decline in opportunities and assignments. However, she later embarked on a new creative path, exploring her talent for writing and producing novels and poems.
Her debut novel, ‘Postcards from the Edge’, achieved tremendous success, becoming a best-seller. Prior to that, she graced the silver screen in various supporting roles. During the period of 2007-2008, she captivated audiences with her one-woman play titled ‘Wishful Drinking’, which she both wrote and performed.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She briefly tied the knot with Paul Simon, but their marriage lasted no more than 11 months. Bryan Lourd fathered her daughter, Billie Catherine Lourd.
|Boyfriends||Chris Dodd, Politician
Harrison Ford, Actor
Dan Aykroyd, Canadian Actor & comedian
Bryan Lourd, Talent Agent
|Children||Daughter – Billie Lourd (from Bryan Lourd)|
Some Interesting Facts About Carrie Fisher
- Carrie Fisher did smoke and drink.
- Her father was fallen in love with her mother’s close friend Elizabeth Taylor and got deserted from the family.
- She was a bookworm who had an avid interest in English literature and poetry. To pursue a career in acting, she could not complete her high school.
- She was popular for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy.
- She was also a novelist who wrote the number of books out of which ‘Postcards from the Edge’ became the best-selling novel.
- Paul Simon wrote the song ‘Hearts and Bones’ which describes his relationship with Carrie.
- With George Lucas, she had a love-hate relationship. She once mentioned that George Lucas had ruined her life.
- At the age of 13 she smoked pot and by 21 started using LSD. She mentioned that she had a big ‘weakness’ for cocaine.
- To deal with her bipolar disorder she got addicted to drugs.
- She discovered marijuana called Princess Leia, which was named after her Star Wars character.
- She worked as a voice artist on the animated sitcom Family Guy.
- During the making of Star Wars, she had a secret relationship with Harrison Ford which was revealed in the memoir ‘The Princess Diarist’.
- She died on 27 December 2016 due to a cardiac arrest.
- Her hobbies were reading and writing poetry.
- In 1998, she has attended a substance-abuse program for addiction to prescription drugs.
- Kim Painter was her personal assistant.
- When married to Paul Simon, she suffered from an ectopic pregnancy in 1994.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
- Facebook – Not Known