Blue Ivy Carter, born on January 7, 2012, is an American individual known for her roles as a singer, student, public figure, internet personality, and celebrity offspring. Hailing from New York, she is notably one of the offspring of the renowned singer Beyoncé.
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, known by her full birth name, is a multi-talented individual who excels as a songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actress. She gained global recognition as the frontwoman of Destiny’s Child.
The female musical ensemble stands as one of the highest-grossing bands in history. Additionally, Knowles’ inaugural solo album, “Dangerously in Love” (2003), achieved immense success, securing the top spot on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Some of Beyoncé’s highly successful works include “Irreplaceable,” “Dreamgirls,” “Obsessed,” “Beautiful Liar,” “Déjà Vu,” “I Am… Sasha Fierce,” “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It),” “The Pink Panther,” “Lemonade,” and numerous other notable projects.
Childhood, Bio, Parents & Siblings
Blue Ivy Carter, the daughter of Jay Z, celebrates her birthday on January 7th. Born in 2012, she turned 8 years old in 2020 and her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Her birth took place at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, United States.
Her dad, known as Jay-Z or Shawn Corey Carter, is an American rapper, singer, record producer, and entrepreneur. He established the Roc-A-Fella Records label and has an approximate net worth of $1 billion USD, as of the year 2020.
Furthermore, Blue Ivy’s mother achieved a groundbreaking feat by winning six Grammy Awards in 2010 for her album “I Am… Sasha Fierce.” Additionally, she is the proud parent of twins, with a younger brother named Sir Carter and a younger sister named Rumi Carter.
Born on June 13, 2017, at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in California, they currently attend The Center for Early Education for their education. This private school is located in West Hollywood, California, USA.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Blue Ivy Carter
- Beyoncé’s daughter always spend her free time with her parents.
- Her grandparents are Tina Knowles & Mathew Knowles and Gloria Carter & Adnis Reeves.
- Blue’s father and mother started dating each other in 2002. They first met during their collaboration on a song named “’03 Bonnie & Clyde”.
- Later, the couple tied the knot with each other in a secret ceremony on April 4, 2008.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z always try to keep their relationship away from any limelight and private.
- However, they accepted the fact that their marriage also had some difficulties after Jay-Z had an extra-marital affair with a woman named Becky.
- Around 2010 or 2011, Ivy’s mom had a miscarriage with her first child which is described as the saddest thing that ever happened in her life.
- In August 2011, she gave a performance at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards where she announced her pregnancy with Blue.
- In fact, her revelation became the most-watched broadcast in MTV history which had over 12.4 million viewers.
- Ivy’s dad Jay-Z also dedicated the song “Glory” in order to celebrate her birth.
- Furthermore, Blue Ivy Carter’s mom also bagged popularity after she disclosed on Instagram on February 1, 2017, that she was pregnant with twins.
- The post received over 6.3 million likes within eight hours making it the most-liked image on the website.
- In 2017, Ivy Carter also made an appearance with her parents and grandmother at Grammy Awards.
- Earlier, in 2016, she made news headlines after wearing a Mischka Aoki gown worth $10,950 USD.
- Blue Ivy also appeared in music videos of Jay-Z’s Legacy and Beyoncé’s Blue (Get It).
- As a singer, she performed songs such as Blue, Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing, and Brown Skin Girl.