Biography / Wiki
Anton Yelchin, a Russian-born actor who became an American citizen, achieved recognition for his role as ‘Pavel Chekov’ in the Star Trek series. His breakthrough came from his portrayal of ‘Jacob Clarke’ in the science fiction miniseries ‘Taken.’ Born on March 11, 1989, as Anton Viktorovich Yelchin, he gained widespread fame for his extensive acting career spanning television and film. Even following his passing, his talent and numerous acting credits continue to be celebrated and remembered.
His work in the mystery drama film ‘Heart in Atlantis’ captivated the audience, grabbing their attention. He also showcased his talent in popular blockbuster films like ‘Terminator Salvation,’ ‘Alpha Dog,’ ‘Green Room,’ and ‘Rememory.’ Additionally, he made notable appearances in several television shows such as ‘Huff,’ ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent,’ ‘Criminal Minds,’ ‘Judging Amy,’ among others.
Height / Weight / Age
Anton Yelchin, known for his roles in various films, had a weight of 67 kilograms (147 pounds) and stood at a height of 175 centimeters (5 feet 9 inches). Tragically, he passed away at the young age of 27 on March 11, 1989. Anton possessed unique physical features, including sparkling turquoise green eyes and curly brown hair. His measurements included a chest size of 40 inches, a waist size of 30 inches, and biceps measuring 13 inches. Notably, he had a distinctive hoarse voice.
Anton Yelchin was believed to have an estimated net worth of around $10 million.
Education / Family
Anton Yelchin, the only child of celebrity figure skaters Irina Korina and Viktor Yelchin, was born in Leningrad, Soviet Union. Coming from a Jewish family that faced political and religious oppression in their homeland, they made the difficult decision to move to Los Angeles. Anton attended Sherman Oaks Centre for Enriched Studies in San Francisco for his elementary education and later pursued further studies at the University of Southern California in 2007. Tragically, on June 19, 2016, Anton lost his life in a freak accident. This devastating incident was an immense loss for his parents, who cherished their only child dearly.
|Real Name||Anton Viktorovich Yelchin|
|Birth Place||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Date Of Birth||March 11, 1989|
|Age||27 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cmIn feet inches – 5’9”|
|Weight||In kilograms – 67 kgIn pounds – 147 lbs|
|Eye Color||Turquoise Green|
|School||Sherman Oaks Centre for Enriched Studies, San Francisco|
|College||University of Southern California, Los Angeles|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California|
|Fathers Name||Viktor Yelchin (figure skater)|
|Mothers Name||Irina Corina|
Career / Fashion And Style
Anton embarked on his journey as a young actor, making his debut in movies like ‘A Man is Mostly Water’ and ‘Delivering Milo’. In the year 2000, he secured a prominent role in the fictional TV series ‘ER’ and also appeared in the TV film ‘Geppetto’. His career soared as he had the privilege of collaborating with renowned stars such as Robert De Niro and Morgan Freeman in acclaimed movies like ’15 Minutes’ and ‘Along Came a Spider’.
He achieved a Young Artist Award in 2001 for his exceptional performance in the Australian mystery drama film ‘Hearts in Atlantis.’ In 2006, he took on a role in the crime thriller film ‘Alpha Dog,’ which depicted the tragic tale of Nicholas Markowitz’s abduction and murder. In 2009, he attained significant recognition for his work in the ‘Star Trek’ film series, which earned him the Boston Society of Film Critics Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends||Mika Booreman (1996)
Imogen Poots (2011-2016)
Here is the list Anton’s favourite thing.
|Favourite Colour||Grey, black|
Some Interesting Facts About Anton Yelchin
- Anton’s parents were pair figure skaters in Leningrad, Russia.
- As he was Jewish, his family had faced religious and political oppression in Russia.
- His family moved to Russia when he was six months old.
- As he looked handsome, once a woman came to him and advised him to become an actor.
- He made his debut in the film ‘A Man is Mostly War’ when he was just 9 years old.
- From 2004 to 2006, he worked for a TV series ‘Huff’.
- He is famous for his role Bobby Garfield in ‘Hearts in Atlantis’.
- He was fond of acoustic blues music.
- He played chess, piano, and guitar.
- His parents were considered national celebrities as they were figure skaters. Both of them qualified for the 1972 Winter Olympics but Soviet Authorities didn’t allow them to participate.
- In the list of ‘The 25 hottest actors under 25’, he was ranked 12 by Moviefone’s.
- Since childhood, he had suffered from Cystic Fibrosis.
- He was the nephew of Eugene Yelchin who was an illustrator, character designer, and storyboard artist movies and TV.
- In 2009, People magazine named him among the 100 most beautiful people in the world.
- His hobbies were making music, playing guitar, and playing chess.
- He became a part of the punk band named ‘Hammerheads’.
- In 2016, in the driveway of his Studio City home, he met with a tragic accident and was reported to death.
- In the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, his bronze statue is being erected at his grave in 2017.
- In the movie ‘Smurfs: The Lost Village’ he had provided his voice and thus the movie was dedicated to his memory.