Annie Vieira De Mello, born in 1950, is a prominent Brazilian figure, entrepreneur, and currently holds the position of vice chairwoman at the Sergio Vieira de Mello Foundation, based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She gained recognition as the former spouse of Sergio Vieira De Mello.
Sergio, a Brazilian diplomat, served in the United Nations’ political programs. Tragically, Sérgio Vieira de Mello met his untimely demise during the Canal Hotel bombing on August 19, 2003, at the age of 55.
Vieira de Mello passed away in Baghdad, Iraq amidst the US invasion of the country. Prior to his untimely demise, he held the distinguished position of UN Secretary-General.
Annie, an accomplished entrepreneur, is widely recognized for her significant contributions in various fields. She holds the esteemed position of vice-chairwoman at her ex-husband’s foundation, where she actively participates in philanthropic endeavors. Her expertise and dedication have made her an invaluable asset to the foundation’s mission of creating positive change in society. Furthermore, she has been involved in several notable initiatives that have garnered widespread acclaim and appreciation. Annie’s exemplary leadership and unwavering commitment continue to inspire others in their pursuit of making a difference in the world.
Parents, Childhood, Husband & Kids
In the year 1950, a renowned individual was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, emerging into this world through her parents. She is of white Caucasian descent and follows the Christian religion.
Annie, a highly intelligent and accomplished woman, was raised in Brazil alongside her siblings. Although information regarding her parents’ names and professions is unavailable, Annie’s upbringing was marked by a strong educational foundation. She began her primary education by attending a local private school in her hometown.
Annie Vieira De Mello completed her university education in Brazil following which she married Sergio Vieira De Mello in 1973.
Annie, the mother of two sons named “Adrien Vieira de Mello” and “Laurent Vieira de Mello,” reportedly separated from Sergio in 1986 for undisclosed reasons. Following their separation, Sergio embarked on a mission to Iraq to fulfill his duties with the United Nations.
|Quick Info & Wiki|
|Full Real Name||Annie Vieira De Mello.|
|Profession||Entrepreneur and Vice Chairwoman of Sergio Vieira de Mello Foundation.|
|Famously Known as||The wife of Late: Sergio Vieira De Mello.|
|Year of Birth||1950.|
|Age (as of 2020)||70 years old.|
|Place of Birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Gay or Lesbian||No.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″.
Centimeters: 167 cm.
Meters: 1.67 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Husband||Late: Sergio Vieira De Mello.|
|Son||1. Laurent Vieira de Mello.
2. Adrien Vieira de Mello.
|School||Local Private School.|
|Alma Mater||The University in Brazil.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1.5 million USD (as in 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Annie Vieira De Mello
- After marriage, Annie and Sergio moved to France and started living in a small town named “Thonon-Les-Bains”.
- After some years, the couple made a permanent house in Massongy village, France.
- At the time of marriage, Annie Vieira De Mello worked as a secretary for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- In the year 1999, her husband Sergio Vieira De Mello started dating his girlfriend Carolina Larriera, when he was on duty at UN in East Timor.
- Annie Vieira De Mello currently works for Sergio Vieira de Mello Foundation as a vice chairwoman.
- Sergio Vieira De Mello’s wife attends the many honorable events on behalf of her husband.
- The sudden death of her hubby gave her a huge shock.
- Currently, she lives in France along with her two sons.
- Annie’s height is around 5 feet 6 inches (in meters 1.67 m).
- Annie Vieira De Mello has appeared in many functions and events.
- Her body weight is around 60 kilograms (in pounds 132 lbs).
- She is not active on social media, because of her busy work schedules.
- Her husband died in a bomb attack in Iraq on 19 August 2003.
- The documentary film of her husband’s story is available on Netflix Originals.