Afton Smith, an American actress, gained recognition as the former wife of Brendan Fraser, with whom she divorced twelve years ago. Fraser, a well-known American-Canadian actor, achieved fame for his portrayal of Rick O’Connell in the Mummy Trilogy.
This actress gained fame for her performances in films such as “George in the Jungle” in 1997. The movie was an adaptation of the Tarzan comic and was directed by Sam Weismann.
Additionally, she gained recognition in 1994 for her remarkable acting abilities in the film titled “Reality Bites,” a romantic drama directed by Ben Stiller. In 1991, she also starred in “Fried Green Tomatoes,” a movie helmed by Jon Avnet that portrays the poignant story of a deep bond between two women amid a backdrop of societal struggles.
Limited information is available about the birth of Brendan Fraser’s wife, who was born on December 3, 1967, in Northport, New York, USA. Unfortunately, details about her parents and siblings remain unknown at this time.
Afton Smith completed her primary education at a local school in her hometown, where she remained until completing her matriculation. Subsequently, she pursued her bachelor’s degree in Canada and graduated in 1989.
- Full name: Afton Smith.
- Nickname: Afton.
- Date of Birth: 3 December 1967.
- Birthplace: Northport, New York, USA.
- Current City: New York, USA.
- Age: 52 years (as of 2019).
- Horoscope: Sagittarius.
- Gender: Female.
- Sexuality: Heterosexual.
- Nationality: American.
- Race: White.
- Father: Businessman.
- Mother: House maker.
- Brother: will update soon.
- Sister: Unknown.
- Highest Qualification: Graduate.
- School: Local High School in Northport, New York.
- College: Film School.
On September 27, 1998, Smith and Brendan Fraser tied the knot at the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles, California. Prior to their wedding, the couple had been in a loving relationship for an extended period.
They were once a couple and had three sons together named Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser, and Leland Francis Fraser. However, their relationship eventually led to separation and they got divorced in 2008.
Since their separation, neither of them has received any media coverage regarding new romantic involvements or love interests. It appears that both individuals are relishing their single lives to the fullest.
- Marital Status: Divorced.
- Past Affairs: Brendan.
- Boyfriend: None.
- Husband: Brendan Fraser (m. 1998 – div. 2008).
- Children: Griffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser, and Leland Francis Fraser.
- Eating Habits: Non-Vegan.
- Smoke: No.
- Drinks: Occasionally.
Physical Stats & More
Afton Smith, despite being in her early 50s, maintains a disciplined diet and stands tall at a height of 5 feet 7 inches.
Additionally, to manage her aging process effectively, it is crucial for her to closely monitor her calorie intake and adhere to a disciplined diet. With her captivating blue eyes, luscious blonde hair, and flawless fair skin devoid of any wrinkles, she radiates an exquisite beauty.
Afton, with a weight of approximately 60 kilograms, maintains a healthy and normal physique. As she enters her 50s, she proudly possesses a pear-shaped body, boasting measurements of 38-30-40. Her figure is deemed admirable for a woman of her age. Afton embraces a minimalistic approach to her appearance, yet she adds a touch of boldness by adorning her lips with vibrant red lipstick. However, it is truly the enchantment emanating from her eyes and her radiant, full-teeth smile that captivates others.
- In Feet & Inch: 5’ 7”.
- In Centimeters: 170 cms.
- In Meters: 1.7 meters.
- In Kilograms: 60 kgs.
- In Pounds: 132 Lbs.
- Eye color: Blue.
- Hair color: Blonde.
- Skin Color: Very fair.
- Hair type: Straight.
- Body type: Pear-shaped.
- Figure measurements: 38-30-40.
Afton Smith began her acting journey by securing a role in the film “Less Than Zero,” a 1987 crime drama directed by Marek Kanievska.
In that very same year, the actress took on yet another role as a disco enthusiast in the film titled “Once Again.” This comedic drama was directed and written by Amin Q. Chaudhri.
Smith gained the attention of the audience in 1994 with her most significant breakthrough in the motion picture “Reality Bites.” This romantic comedy on the big screen showcased her portrayal of the character Janice.
Helen Childress penned the screenplay for the film, while Ben Stiller took the helm as the director. Despite a modest budget of $11.5 million, the movie went on to surpass expectations, raking in an impressive $33.4 million at the box office, highlighting a significant difference between investment and revenue.
Later on, she delivered another outstanding performance in the film titled “Gorge in the Jungle,” which premiered in 1997. The movie featured Brendan Fraser in the lead role of George.
This project revolves around the cartoon series Tarzan. The last known sighting of the character was in the year 2003, appearing in a film titled “Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star.” However, the actress behind the voice of Tarzan was uncredited for her role in this movie, which is why it often goes unnoticed in her career list by many people worldwide.
- Profession: Actress and Writer.
- Net Worth: $3 Million USD as of 2020.
- Income Source: Alimony Money as well as films.
- House: A lavish apartment in New York.
- Car Collection: BMW.
Other Random Information about Afton Smith
- Brendan Fraser’s wife a well known and successful actress of her era, met her then-boyfriend Brendan Fraser during a house Barbeque in the year 1993 at Winona Ryder’s house.
- After which they were cast in the same movie in 1997, the movie was named “George in the Jungle” where Brendan was given the lead role of the main character titles George.
- She worked along with Andrew McCarthy as Clay Afton, Jami Gertz as Blair, Tony Bill as Bradford Afton, Jayne Modean as Cindy, Lisanne Falk as Patti, etc for the project Less Than Zero.
- Afton Smith took a break of four years from the movies and her acting career, after which she appeared in the projects named “Fried Green Tomatoes” which depicts the story of friendship between two ladies who are depressive.
- Moreover, it was completed under the direction of Jon Avnet.
- It was released in 1991 and is a comedy-drama based film written by Flagg and Carol Sobieski starring Kathy Bates, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Mary-Louise Parker as main characters in the movie.
- The budget of the project was US$ 11 Million and it is produced by Jon Avnet and Jordan Kerner. In the movie, Afton was given the character of Leona Threagoode and in the same year, she did another movie named “Pyrates” where she was given the role of Marti.
- While being a fabulous actress of her age, Afton Smith is even a great writer as she has written a book and published it in the year 2004 titled “Hollywood Picks the Classics: A Guide for the Beginners and the Aficionado”.